As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$10] Electric Dusk Drive-In screens Poltergeist. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$5] Art of the Halloween Mask Exhibit. SATURDAY
3. [$3] That Big ’80s Party at Resident DTLA. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
4. [FREE] Front Porch Cinema at the Santa Monica Pier. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Free Movie Nights at the Echo Park Lake featuring West Side Story. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] Fall Festival at the Original Farmers Market. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
7. [FREE] Pumpkin Festival at Kidspace Children’s Museum. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Found LA: Festival of Neighborhoods Returns with “The Soul of the City” SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Sherman Oaks Street Fair. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] CicLAvia: Heart of LA. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- The IndieCade Festival at USC. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- A Taste of Soul. SATURDAY
- 826LA’s annual Danceathon Benefit. SATUDAY
- 3rd annual Vegan Oktoberfest. SATURDAY
- Los Angeles Magazine: The Food Event. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.