As you probably already know we do a twice weekly listing of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy. With that in mind, here are 10 quick ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
Events are listed for this Friday, Saturday and Sunday in descending order from most to least expensive.
Follow the links for more info!
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
1. [$9.00] The 15th Annual Valley Film Festival at Laemmle’s NoHo 7 (Friday-Sunday ).*
2. [$9.00] The Long Beach Zombie Walk / Festival (Friday-Sunday).*
3. [$9.00] Street Food Cinema screens The Lost Boys at Westchester Park (Saturday).*
4. [FREE] Front Porch Cinema presents: Guardians of the Galaxy at the Santa Monica Pier (Friday)
5. [FREE] Grand Ave Arts: All-Access, a day full of free events and museums along Grand Ave. in DTLA (Saturday).
6. [FREE] The Hammer Bash, a party at the Hammer Museum to celebrate their fall exhibitions. Saturday).
7. [FREE] A farewell festival and concert to say goodbye to the 6th Street Bridge (Saturday)
8. [FREE] Another SoCal corgi beach day down in Huntington Beach (Saturday).
9. [FREE] Free Kali Yoga at The Bootleg Theater (Sunday).
10. [FREE] Ranger Ernie leads a hike to Royce Canyon in Griffith Park (Sunday).
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.