As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [$4.50-$10] The Terminator screens at The Electric Dusk Drive-In. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$8.50] Go see the Glendale Youth Orchestra. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
3. [$8] The Best Friends Show at NerdMelt Showroom. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] The 11th annual Great Los Angeles Walk. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] The 31st Annual Elves’ Faire returns to Altadena. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] By The Kids: Free Pop Market at The Reef features local handmade goods such as apparel, jewelry, candles, bath and body items. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Explore tales of murder, mystery and crime at L.A.bars, restaurants and hotels from author (and friend of We Like L.A.) James T. Bartlett as he presents his latest offering Gourmet Ghosts 2 at the Taper Auditorium at the L.A. Central Library. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] Head to Rodeo Drive for a free evening of lights and music at the annual Beverly Hills Lighting Celebration. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] The Family Flicks Film Series at the Hammer Museum screens new and classic family-friendly movies from around the world free! This Sunday they will screen Benji. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] The 26th Annual Mariachi Festival returns to Boyle Heights this Sunday at the historic Mariachi Plaza Station. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- LA Zoo Lights. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- LA Auto Show. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Quiet Clubbing at Brouwerij West in San Pedro. SATURDAY.
- Burbank Winter Wine Walk. SATURDAY
- DesignerCon in Pasadena. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 40 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.