As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, Here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
via L.A. Chinatown Firecracker / Vimeo
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
10 Under $10
1. [$9.50] The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show (Friday*)
2. [$9.00 ] Nature Connects LEGO sculpture exhibit (Friday)
3. [FREE] A ‘cake maze‘ art installation in DTLA (all weekend)
4. [FREE] Children’s Workshop: Bookmaking and Storytelling at The Pasadena Museum of California Art (Saturday)
5. [FREE] Kitten Shower at The Best Friends Animal Society (Saturday)
6. [FREE] Picture This! At The Virgil (Saturday)
7. [FREE] 38th Annual Chinatown Firecracker Run & Festival (Saturday-Sunday)
8. [FREE] Southern California Pet Expo (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Hammer Museum Family Flicks Film Series: Muppet Treasure Island (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Ranger Ernie leads a hike to Amir’s Garden (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Chocolate & Art Show (Friday-Saturday)
- Cupid’s Undie Run in DTLA (Saturday)
- Long Beach Comic Expo (Saturday-Sunday)
- Shaun White’s Air+Style Fest (Saturday-Sunday*)
- Alexandra Grant and Keanu Reeves at LACMA (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar links provided. Good while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.