As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[RELATED: The Best Way to Find Discount Events in Los Angeles]
10 Under $10
1. [$8.50] Julie Delpy double-feature at the Aero Theater in Santa Monica. Features: 2 Days in Paris & Skylab (Friday*)
2. [$3.75] Shamrock & Shenanigans St. Patrick’s Day Party at Outpost Hollywood (Saturday)
3. [$3.75] St. Patty’s Beer Fest at the Pig ‘n Whistle (Saturday*)
4. [FREE] Beach Streets Downtown in Long Beach, a massive day-long open street initiative (Saturday)
5. [FREE] SKYLINE: Free art installation pop-ups ll Over DTLA (Friday-Sunday)
6. [FREE] Shaolin Festival in Chinatown (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Let’s Make a Comet at Griffith Observatory (Saturday)
8. [FREE] Cherry Blossom Festival in West Covina (Saturday)
9. [FREE] Vegan Street Fair in NoHo. Entry is free, food for purchase (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Ranger Ernie group hike to Fern Canyon Trail (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- PaleyFest 2016 (Friday-Sunday)
- Latin Food Fest (Friday-Sunday)
- Adam Ray, Harland Williams, & Ari Shaffir at The Comedy Store (Saturday*)
- Michelada Rumble at Santa Anita (Saturday)
- Treat Yo’ Self (Sunday)
*Discount tickets available only via Goldstar affiliate links provided. Tickets available while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.