As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
10 Under $10
1. [$8.50] Dark Side of the Moon Cosmic Laser Concerts at Laserium Van Nuys Studios. Discounts while supplies last! (Saturday-Sunday)
2. [$7.50] Quiet Clubbing at Patrick Malloy’s in Hermosa Beach. (Saturday*)
3. [FREE] Free night at Norton Simon Museum with opening of new Duchamp exhibit (Friday)
4. [FREE] Music for Train Stations at Union Station (Friday)
5. [FREE] All Space Considered at Griffith Observatory (Friday)
6. [FREE] Griffith Park Tea House welcoming ceremony at San Pedro’s Knoll Hill Park (Saturday)
7. [FREE] 15th annual Los Angeles Lantern Festival (Saturday)
8. [FREE] Artists & Fleas in Venice (Saturday)
9. [FREE] L.A. Zine Fest in DTLA (Sunday)
10. [FREE] CicLAvia in The Valley (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Le Bal Drag Extravaganza (Friday)
- Discounts for a Downtown L.A. and Eastside Brewery Tour (Saturday*)
- Serial podcast creators live panel event: Binge-Worthy Journalism (Saturday)
- Le Salon de Musiques presents: Neo-Romantic Composers, Champagne and High Tea at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion (Sunday)
- Los Angeles Eats Itself: Heidi Fleiss Feast (Sunday)
* Discount tickets available only via Goldstar affiliate links provided. Tickets available while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.