As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] Take Me Out to The Movies at Skirball Cultural Center (Friday)
2. [$9.50] The Groundlings’ Completely Different Late Show (Friday*)
3. [$8.00] Puppet Town at The Nerdmelt Showroom (Saturday)
4. [$4.75] Artisanal LA. Tickets for discount offer in limited supply! (Saturday-Sunday*)
5. [FREE] SoCal Corgi Beach Day (Saturday)
6. [FREE] 5th Annual Otis Kite Festival (Saturday)
7. [FREE] Out of Line Opening Reception at Subliminal Projects (Saturday)
8. [FREE] LA Times Festival of Books (Saturday-Sunday)
9. [FREE] Great Opera Choruses Returns to VPAC (Sunday)
10. [FREE] Eco Car Expo (Sunday)
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- FantaSea Magic Festival (Friday-Sunday)
- 2016 LA Beer Fest (Saturday)
- KROQ Beer Fest (Saturday)
- Iliza Shlesinger, Dane Cook, Michael Yo at The Comedy Store (Saturday*)
- Morrissey / Smiths Convention (Saturday-Sunday)
*Discount tickets available only via Goldstar affiliate links provided. Tickets available while supplies last.
If you want a more complete rundown, check Christina’s weekend roundup that was posted up yesterday morning or check out our discount events page for more savings.
And of course, make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.