As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$10.00] The Big Lebowski screens for Eat|See|Hear in Griffith Park. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$5.00] Downtown Modernism Marketplace Comes to DTLA.
3. [FREE] Free admission day at The Queen Mary. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Movie Under the Guns at the USS Iowa. FRIDAY
5. [FREE] Free Milk Bar Ice Cream Truck in Santa Monica. FRIDAY-MONDAY
6. [FREE] Garden Grove Strawberry Festival. FRIDAY-MONDAY
7. [FREE] Fiesta Hermosa. SATURDAY-MONDAY
8. [FREE] Geeky Craft Faire comes to Whimsic Alley. SATURDAY-MONDAY
9. [FREE] Petal Drop LA Round 2 (art installation). SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Free admission at LACMA on Memorial Day. MONDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Street Food Cinema screens Hook at Will Rogers Park SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- California Gold Rush Beer and Sour Festival SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Simi Valley Cajun & Blues Festival SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- Topanga Days Country Fair SATURDAY-MONDAY
- 30th annual Jazz Reggae Festival at UCLA MONDAY
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 56 awesome things to do this weekend in Los Angeles
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.