As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to us that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 for $10 or Less
1. [FREE] The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FRIDAY
2. [FREE] This Friday will be the 2nd Annual Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party. The night’s celebration will include DJs, dancing, food trucks, art exhibitions, and more. Free and open to the public. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] I3 Arts Fest: An Interactive, Immersive & Innovative Festival in Downtown L.A. FRIDAY-SATURDAY
4. [FREE] KCRW’s Summer Nights returns with their free all-ages outdoor music concerts this week at One Colorado with Chico Mann & Captain Planet with KCRW DJ Marion Hodges. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] Opening Day of American Horror Story: The Style of Scare’ Exhibit at Paley Center for Media will take place this Saturday. This new exhibit will encompass over 4000 feet of space in the Beverly Hills museum. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] L.A. Bread Festival at Grand Central Market! SATURDAY-SUNDAY
7. [FREE] Paramount Ranch celebrates it’s 90th anniversary with a free walking tour of the historic area and presentations. Arrive early and bring a picnic dinner, this event is open to all ages. SUNDAY
8. [FREE] The 20th Annual SoRo (South Robertson) Community Festival will feature live music, community art projects, a tree adoption ceremony, a treasure hunt, vendor booths, a kids zone and more. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Monrovia Music Fest returns to the Library Park Memorial Fountain in Old Town Monrovia this Sunday with indie bands, a craft beer garden, food truck, family friendly activities and a Bark Park! SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Urban Air Market, a major outdoor marketplace highlighting local and sustainable design, hits Los Feliz Village this Sunday. Checkout over 100 emerging designer pop-ups, live musical performances and support from neighborhood shops and restaurants. SUNDAY
5 MORE Options…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Celebrate National Trails Day by helping to maintain the safety and beauty of public trails in Malibu at the Santa Monica Mountains Recreation Area. SATURDAY
- Get ready for a night of soul, country and pop all rolled into one, because Lady Antebellum is coming to the Hollywood Bowl! SATURDAY
- Get discount tickets to see a Comedy Store Headliner Show featuring David Spade, Dane Cook, Margaret Cho and a special guest. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
- Grab discount tickets to this weekend’s LA Audio Show, a convention focusing on the latest and greatest in audio gear and accessories, taking place at the Gateway Sheraton Hotel. SATURDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
- Le Salon de Musiques at Disney Concert Hall. SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
Want more? Check out all of our full list of 38 awesome things to do this Memorial Day weekend in Los Angeles or visit the We Like L.A. Events Calendar page.
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.