You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, June 3, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Celebrate National Trails Day by helping to maintain the safety and beauty of public trails in Malibu at the Santa Monica Mountains Recreation Area.
2. [9 a.m.] Low carb is so passé. On June 3 and 4 load up on some of the best breads in town during the L.A. Bread Festival at Grand Central Market! The two-day food event is returning for a third year of free bread-centric festivities including workshops, demos, butter making and special bread vendors.
3. [11 a.m.] June 3 is Wonder Woman Day and the Perky Nerd in Burbank will celebrate with free comics and special guests like Susan Eisenberg (the voice of Wonder Woman), Londyn Jackson from the History of the Batman and Drew Johnson, artist of the Wonder Woman books. Feel free to dress up in your Wonder Woman best.
4. [noon] Opening Day of American Horror Story: The Style of Scare’ Exhibit at Paley Center for Media will take place this Saturday. This new exhibit will encompass over 4000 feet of space in the Beverly Hills museum. FREE
5. [4 p.m.] Beta Main presents Writing Herself an afternoon of readings and performance by Black femme artists and writers. Artist include Dove A., Chinwe Okona, Essence Harden, Chella Coleman, Charmaine Bee, Jasmine Nyende, and Sarah Gail Armstrong. FREE
6. [7:30 p.m.] KCRW’s Summer Nights returns with their free all-ages outdoor music concerts this week at One Colorado with Chico Mann & Captain Planet with KCRW DJ Marion Hodges. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Get ready for another round of unlimited pancakes, live music, booze and over 150 artist showing off their work during the Pancakes & Booze Art Show. Happening June 2 to 3 at LOT 613 in Downtown Los Angeles.
8. [various] The Interactive, Immersive and Innovative Public Arts Festival hosts over 30 artists, allowing them to engage and exhibit their most imaginative works. The festival will take place at three separate locations throughout DTLA, including the launch of Grand Performances for 2017 featuring William Close and the Earth Harp Collective.
9. [various] Lummis Day happening June 2-4 is a free event highlighting the creativity of Northeast Los Angeles through art, music, and poetry. The annual festival celebrates Southwest Museum founder Charles Fletcher Lummis over multiple days and locations.
10. [various] KNOWLEDGES at Mount Wilson Observatory returns on June 3 and 4 for a weekend of experimental, site-oriented art installations, performances and viewings at the landmark observatory. Entrance to KNOWLEDGES is free, some performances are ticketed, with prices from $20 to $40.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $37 to see Ms. Lauryn Hill & Nas Live at Hollywood Bowl (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.