You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead for the day at hand in the city you live in.
So here it is!
Below is our quick link list of 10 fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, June 4, 2017.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Low carb is so passé. On June 3-4 load up on some of the best breads in town during the L.A. Bread Festival at Grand Central Market! The two-day food event is returning for a third year of free bread-centric festivities including workshops, demos, butter making and special bread vendors.
2. [11 a.m.] The 20th Annual SoRo (South Robertson) Community Festival will feature live music, community art projects, a tree adoption ceremony, a treasure hunt, vendor booths, a kids zone and more. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] Urban Air Market, a major outdoor marketplace highlighting local and sustainable design, hits Los Feliz Village this Sunday. Checkout over 100 emerging designer pop-ups, live musical performances and support from neighborhood shops and restaurants. FREE
4. [noon] Monrovia Music Fest returns to the Library Park Memorial Fountain in Old Town Monrovia this Sunday with indie bands, a craft beer garden, food truck, family friendly activities and a Bark Park! FREE
5. [1 p.m.] Learn about the use and pleasures of cannabis during mind + body + plant, an afternoon of education that includes guided meditation, yoga, and massage therapy.
6. [4 p.m.] KCET’s 18th Annual FINE CUT Festival of Films honors students and emerging filmmakers from around the world at Hollywood’s Egyptian Theatre. Showcasing some of the best short films, the event is hosted by comedian Demetri Martin who is also an emerging filmmaker. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] Paramount Ranch celebrates it’s 90th anniversary with a free walking tour of the historic area and presentations. Arrive early and bring a picnic dinner, this event is open to all ages. FREE
8. [7 p.m.] 2 Girls 1 Pup is a comedy show hosted by Monique Madrid, Comet the pup and a rotation of girl hosts. Set up at Tailwaggers in Hollywood, pet owners can bring their little pups along for the show! Come early for the red carpet, PUPparazzi, PUPcorn and free beers! All proceeds go directly to The Tailwaggers Foundation.
9. [various] Lummis Day happening June 2-4 is a free event highlighting the creativity of Northeast Los Angeles through art, music, and poetry. The annual festival celebrates Southwest Museum founder Charles Fletcher Lummis over multiple days and locations.
10. [various] KNOWLEDGES at Mount Wilson Observatory returns on June 3 and 4 for a weekend of experimental, site-oriented art installations, performances and viewings at the landmark observatory. Entrance to KNOWLEDGES is free, some performances are ticketed, with prices from $20 to $40.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $2.50 tix for the Original Lobster Festival in Long Beach (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.