As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$10] Eat|See|Hear in Griffith Park screens North By Northwest. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [FREE] Dance DTLA at The Music Center. FRIDAY
3. [FREE] Westfield Summertime Cinema at Fashion Square in Sherman Oaks will screen Clueless. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Old Pasadena Summer Cinema. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
5. [FREE] National Park Rangers Will Lead Pokémon Go Walks in Los Angeles This Weekend. FRIDAY-SATURDAY
6. [FREE] KCRW Summer Nights in Chinatown and at The Annenberg via Sound in Focus. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] Movie Picnic Night at Alhambra Park is a free Chinese outdoor movie showcasing Chinese language films (with subtitles!) this weekend they will screen The Monkey King 2. SATURDAY
8. [FREE] The Love Long Beach Festival (July 16-17) is a family festival that includes arts and crafts, an art show, a food court, music by DJs, stand-up paddle races, yoga, and dog events by the dog beach. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
9. [FREE] 38th Annual Ho’olaule’a Hawaiian Festival in Lawndale. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
10. [FREE] Ranger Ernie leads a 6-mile hike to Travel Town in Griffith Park. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- Colorado Street Bridge Party. SATURDAY
- 10th Annual Summer on Seventh Art Show and Concert. SATURDAY
- Outfest LGBT Film Festival. SATURDAY-SUNDAY (via Goldstar)
- The 2nd Annual California Hot Sauce Expo returns to Long Beach. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
- First-Ever Vegan Grilled Cheese Fest. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.