As you probably already know we do a twice-weekly rundown of our favorite to-dos and happenings around Los Angeles (pushed out Monday AM and Thursday AM).
However, it occurs to me that sometimes event-seekers just want stuff that’s down-and-dirty, cheap-and-easy.
With that in mind, here are 10 quick, fun ideas for this weekend each costing less than $10 that might be good to keep on your radar.
For all prices listed we’ll generally note the true cost including any service fees, as sometimes is the case with our ticket-affiliate partner Goldstar.
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
10 Under $10
1. [$7.50-$10] Electric Dusk Drive-In screens: The Devil Wears Prada. SATURDAY (via Goldstar)
2. [$10] 54th annual Watermelon Festival. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
3. [FREE] Dance DTLA at The Music Center w/KCRW DJ Anthony Valedez. FRIDAY
4. [FREE] Check out a free Black Tap milk shake pop-up at IT’SUGAR in Santa Monica. SATURDAY
5. [FREE] The Frogtown Art Walk. SATURDAY
6. [FREE] The Natsumatsuri Family Festival at The Japanese American National Museum. SATURDAY
7. [FREE] The 84th Annual Great Sand Sculpture Contest in Long Beach. SATURDAY-SUNDAY
8. [FREE] Opening reception for Open Call 2016 art exhibition at Barnsdall Park. SUNDAY
9. [FREE] Angel City Brewery Avocado Festival. SUNDAY
10. [FREE] CicLAvia on iconic Wilshire Blvd. SUNDAY
5 MORE Things…
Here are 5 other things to do this weekend that may not be under $10 but still are worth knowing about:
- HollyShorts Film Festival. FRIDAY-SUNDAY
- Fire It Up! BBQ Comeptition / Fundraiser. SATURDAY
- Comedy Store Headliner Show w/Anthony Jeselnik, Marc Maron, Iliza Shlesinger and a Very Special Guest. SATURDAY (vis Goldstar)
- 2nd Annual Tiki Social and Swamp Meet in Long Beach. SUNDAY
- BrunchCon LA. SUNDAY
Make sure to sign-up for our email list so you’re always in the loop regarding happenings around the city.