This Wednesday is October 21, 2015, which may have extra significance if you’re a fan of the most iconic time-travel trilogy in history.
You see that’s the day in Back to the Future 2 when Marty comes with Doc 30 years into the future to help save his kids from going to jail.
Unfortunately, unlike the film we still don’t have hover-boards or flying cars or even self-drying jackets that talk to us, though it is possible the Cubs might win the world series (thank Bob Gale, the film’s screenwriter for that prescient prediction).
In any case, there are a number of celebrations, parties, and/or get-togethers scheduled in L.A. this week to mark the occasion.
We gathered up a quick list below.
1. A Back to the Future Party at Smog City Brewery in Torrance featuring specialty beers, including a 1.21 Gigawatts Triple IPA. Wear your Back to the Future gear and get $1 off your full pours all night long!
2. Bring Back the Future at Automata in Chinatown, The Artist Collective Mothership’s multimdedia experience celebrating B2TF Day.
3. A Back to the Future marathon of the entire trilogy at the ArcLight in Hollywood.
4. We’re Going Back is hosting a whole series of events (several of which have already sold out) from October 21-25 to mark the occasion. The events include a tour of the Universal Backlot, the world premier of the Out of Time: Saving the DeLorean Time Machine, a recreation of the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance, plus a cosplay dance and costume contest.
5. The Million McFly March, which starts at a Burger King in Burbank. It’s going to be the largest gathering of McFly’s in history!
6. Salvage Bar & Lounge in Downtown LA will be hosting an evening of Back To The Future music performed live by musician Nathaniel LaPointe and The Barley Band.
If you know of any other Back to the Future celebrations or parties, feel free to comment with them below.