Truth be told it’s always more fun when you’re exploring Los Angeles while saving a few precious dollars in the process.
So as you’re planning out how to spend your next month in the city of angels we strongly encourage you to keep track of all the free activities and to-dos that are on the calendar.
And trust us… there are A LOT!
To that end, below we’ve cataloged a link list of free things to do in May we think are worthy of keeping on your radar.
Hope it’s helpful!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
1. [MAY 1] VegFest LA 2016 at Woodley Park.
2. [MAY 1] Upland Lemon Festival.
3. [MAY 6] All Space Considered at The Griffith Observatory
4. [MAY 6-7] Pancakes & Booze Art Show.
5. [MAY 7] Free Comic Book Day 2016 in Los Angeles.
6. [MAY 7] Hitchcock Double Feature at Peace Yoga Gallery.
7. [MAY 7] Downtown Bookfest in Grand Park.
8. [MAY 7] Morning ROGA (running + yoga instruction) at The Santa Monica Pier. Every Saturday from May 7 – June 11
9. [MAY 12] Downtown Los Angeles Art Walk.
10. [MAY 14] Star Party at Griffith Observatory.
11. [MAY 14] The Eclectic Music Fest & Art Walk in South Pasadena.
12. [MAY 15] Museums of the Arroyo Day.
13. [MAY 15] Family Flicks at The Hammer: The Great Race.
14. [MAY 15] A Pickle Party at Grand Central Market
15. [MAY 15] CicLAvia: Southeast Cities
16. [MAY 15] Ranger Ernie group hike to Royce’s Canyon in Griffith Park.
17. [MAY 17] Guided Sunset Walk at Griffith Observatory
18. [MAY 27-30] 58th Annual Garden Grove Strawberry Festival.
These links might also be helpful for you in exploring L.A. on the cheap in May:
- 75 Fun & Free Things to Do in L.A. Every Angeleno Should Try in 2016
- Here’s a Cheat Sheet of Free Museum Days in L.A. For May
- Our handy listing of discount tickets for Los Angeles events
What are you looking forward to doing this May in Los Angeles? Let us know in the comments below!
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!