Every week in Los Angeles there are tons of great things to do (even before the weekend gets started) that we think you ought to have on your radar. With that in mind, we put together a list every Monday morning to keep you in the know about what’s happening in the city you love (or maybe just like).
This week, from Monday, Oct. 10 to Friday, Oct. 14, features a Roy Lichtenstein exhibit at Skirball, a free day at LACMA, the DTLA Art Walk, the Long Beach Zombie Fest, a Carrie prom party at Ace, and LOTS more.
Remember you can always go to our L.A. events calendar page to get an updated rundown of what’s happening around the city.
Hope you find the rundown useful and, as always, enjoy your week!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundown sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program.]
Keep in mind that while we retain complete editorial control of our content, for some of the ticketing options provided we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links.
Monday October 10th, 2016
1. This Monday at the Museum of Broken Relationships features Tinder’s Head Sociologist, Dr. Jessica Carbino, with a talk on Unconscious Uncoupling.
2. From Sept. 30 through Oct. 11 film fanatics can view new, classic and strange films at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood for Beyond Fest 2016.
3. Evening for the Station is a night dedicated to raising funds for the homeless with a little help from a stellar lineup of standup comics. Now in its 17th year, the 2016 benefit will take place at ArcLight Cinemas in Pasadena on Monday, October 10 at 6:30 p.m. Some discounts tickets are available for this event while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Sweet Rose Creamery’s Studio City Fall Movie Night screening of Casper. FREE
5. Veuve Clicquot Polo Jazz Night in Beverly Hills. FREE
Tuesday October 11th, 2016
6. Check out the brand new Roy Lichtenstein exhibit at the Skirball Cultural Center. Highly recommended!
7. Rooftop Cinema Club features four screenings this week: Sunset Boulevard on Tuesday, Jurassic Park on Wednesday, The Neon Demon on Thursday and The Godfather on Friday.
8. Mr. C Poolside Cinema Series features Cipriani style bites and cocktails while classic films are screened right under the stars. This week Roman Holiday is playing!
9. Food truck night at the California Heritage Museum features a big selection of tasty food trucks (5:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m.) FREE
10. Free admission days this Tuesday for: LACMA and The Autry
11. This Tuesday come check out a Literary Death Match at Largo with judges including Moby, Rob Huebel, and more.
Wednesday October 12th, 2016
12. This Wednesday starting at 5:30 p.m Big Brothers Big Sisters of LA is hosting a special happy hour at Tom’s Urban in DTLA. The happy hour will be followed by an advance screening of Jack Reacher at Regal L.A. LIVE. All ticket sales to the film benefit BBBSLA.
13. Radio Picture Show , monthly storytelling show, is back at The Virgil this week with tales from Bryan Kett, Isaac ‘Zeke’ Nicholson, Drew Droege, and Julie Whitesell.
14. CreepLA returns Sept. 15 – Oct. 31, promising a bigger and scarier time where the lines of reality and performance art are blurred into your worst nightmare. Tickets available Wednesday and through the weekend.
15. The Natural History Museum’s newly designed outdoor Butterfly Pavilion exhibit is back! The permanent structure will feature over 25 species of butterflies housing hundreds of them for your viewing pleasure.
Thursday October 13th, 2016
16. RISE of the Jack O’Lanterns at the LA Convention Center begins this Thursday featuring some of the craziest, most impressive pumpkin carving to be found in the world. Keep in discount tickets are available while supplies last. Be sure to shop and compare before purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
17. The Downtown Art Walk is back for October with a special feature of work from Smile South Central at The Art Walk Lounge. FREE
18. The Queen Mary’s Dark Harbor promises to be darker, more shocking, and even more terrifying than ever. A new spirit named the Iron Master will join a group of sinister spirits and hundreds of their horrific henchmen ready to scare guests in the five different mazes on the ship, along with a Paintball Shooting Gallery, a 4-D horror show, freak shows and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. Back again its 7th year, Wicked Lit is a spooky immersive theatre experience that takes classic horror literature and turns them into plays at the Mountain View Mausoleum & Cemetery every Thursday through Sunday starting Oct. 1 and running through Nov. 12.
20. Celebrate your love for the Sunshine State with art dedicated to California’s environment at the High Five art launch party at The Autry on Thursday, Oct. 13.
21. Knott’s Scary Farm is back with 13 haunted attractions, four new mazes, a thousand monsters and, for the first time ever, standalone Skeleton Room Keys. Don’t miss out on the laser gun fight with zombies! Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. Throwback Thursdays at NOHO cinema screens Rock ‘n’ Roll High school this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. Celebrate Latino Heritage Month with a ‘Taste of Xocolatl’ at Union Station. FREE
Friday October 14th, 2016
24. The 2016 Long Beach Zombie Fest at Rainbow Lagoon Park kicks off this Friday and runs for three frightful days. Keep in mind discount tickets are available, so be sure to shop and compare before purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. This Friday at the Theatre at Ace Hotel celebrate the 40th anniversary of Carrie with a special film screening and prom party. Keep in mind discount tickets are available for this event via our friends at Goldstar. Be sure to shop and compare before you purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
26. The 10th annual Calabasas Malibu Food & Wine Festival comes to The Village at Topanga. Keep in mind discount admission is available while supplies last. Be sure to shop and compare before you purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
27. Eat|See|Hear presents Front Porch Cinema, a free movie night under the stars taking place every Friday on Santa Monica Pier from Sept. 30 through Oct. 28. This week Star Wars: The Force Awakens will be screened. FREE
28. Head over to Oktoberfest in Alpine Village and enjoy traditional Bavarian fun, food, and beer. The is considered one of the oldest running Oktoberfest celebration in Southern California. Festivities continue all the way until Oct. 29.
29. Platinum-selling EDM artist Kygo comes to the Hollywood Bowl this Friday night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
30. If the idea of hopping on a bandwagon that travels through the darkness of Griffith Park while monsters hide in the shadows to scare you sounds like fun, than the L.A. Haunted Hayride is the place to be. Happening all weekend!
31. Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre hosts Urban Death Tour of Terror a immersive haunted house experience every Friday and Saturday from Oct. 7 – Nov. 5. Guests walk through a maze surrounded by monsters and arrive in the theater for a 20-minute performance before reentering the maze, this time with new monsters lurking at every turn.
Want to get our to-do lists straight to your inbox every week? Sign up for our email program.
Have an upcoming event you’d like suggest for listing? Drop us a line at [email protected].