You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, January 10, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Help keep LA Historic Park thriving by attending Weed Warriors, a weekly morning meet up aimed at restoring native habitats throughout the park while removing non native plants. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Oscar Oiwa: Dreams of a Sleeping World opens today at the USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena. The 360° domed chamber immerses viewers in dreamlike, surreal hand-drawn images of natural wonder.
3. [noon] Corey Helford Gallery’s sixth annual Art Collector Starter Kit group show highlights affordable 12” x 12” works from 100 top New Contemporary artists, giving new art collectors and enthusiasts a chance to buy an original piece from artists. The show will be on view through January 18, 2020.
4. [3 p.m.] The annual LA Kings Holiday Ice happening at L.A. LIVE’s Microsoft Square is a daily outdoors holiday skating rink. Open November 30, 2019 through January 12, 2020.
5. [6:30 p.m.] Take part in an acoustic sound healing experience with Roxie Sarhangi during the full moon at 1 Hotel in West Hollywood. The event unfolds on the Skyline Deck under the backdrop of a 108-foot by 110-foot suspended kinetic sculpture titled Dream Catcher by Janet Echelman, plus stunning views overlooking the city and beyond.
6. [7 p.m.] The Night Sky Show at Santa Monica College.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Don’t Tell Comedy pops up in Playa Vista this Friday with some of the biggest names in comedy. Performers are kept under wraps and the location will be emailed to all ticket holders. BYOB! Tickets for tonight’s show available here.
8. [7:30 p.m.] Looking to LOL with a crowd of improv fans? The Groundlings has packed their best sketches into one hilarious comedy show called Mix Tape. It opens this Friday and runs for the next four weeks.
9. [9 p.m.] David Bowie Nite comes to Club Underground at the Grand Star Jazz Club in Chinatown.
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 6-12 with over 35 restaurants creating a unique dish with one unifying star ingredient, the kumquat. Scroll down to our Food Pick of the Week for highlights and suggestions.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $21 tix to Chamber Music and Wine Tasting at Walt Disney Concert Hall (via Goldstar)