You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, January 16, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] There’s a five day pop-up of Ed Ruscha Films on view at the Verle Annis Gallery. Runs from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. daily. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] Stop by Salazar every first and third Wednesday now till February for a Mezcal Tasting Series with select mezcal brands. You’ll hear the history and culture of each brand and taste different expressions paired with snacks.
3. [7 p.m.] Join The Museum of the American Cocktail and author Derek Sandhaus for a tour through Chinese spirits, and learn about the history of alcohol and Chinese culture. You’ll enjoy a guided tasting of five traditional baijiu expressions, three baijiu cocktails and gourmet bites. Happening at The Edison in DTLA.
4. [7 p.m.] The Super Serious Show is a comedy event produced by CleftClips featuring both established and up-and-coming talent performing an array of stand-up, sketch and musical comedy. Happening at The Virgil.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Eagle Rock Brewery will once again host a Women’s Beer Forum where you’ll get to try a flight of five beers from different breweries for $15.
6. [7 p.m.] WeHo Reads: The Liberation of Ivy Bottini – A Memoir of Love and Activism. The evening features a conversation between feminist, LGBTQ activist, and West Hollywood icon Ivy Bottini and her biographer Judith V. Branzburg at the West Hollywood City Council Chambers.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Catch a screening of They Live with Composer Alan Howarth In Person at the Egyptian Theatre.
8. [8 p.m.] See comedians recreate Forrest Gump live onstage while drunk at Black Rabbit Rose in Hollywood.
9. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 11-25 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Check out our list of the Top 17 picks for this current run of dineL.A.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Use promo code WELIKELA to get 2 tickets for $30 to Beautycon POP, now extended through January 31.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar