You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Friday, January 19, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Forest Lawn Museum’s latest exhibition Pigskin Peanuts is an homage to the late great Charles M. Schulz. Featuring 50 Sunday and daily football-themed comic strips and other Peanuts related objects, the family friendley exhibit will be on display from January 18 through March 15, 2018. Admission to the museum and parking is always free. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] L.A. Lunacy: Poe’s Birthday Soirée at Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab in NoHo.
3. [7:30 p.m.] Poetry Deathmatch Cabaret at the Bootleg Theatre.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Poetics of Space: 8mm Films from Argentina at the Billy Wilder Theater.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Greenbar Distillery will host their popular cocktail class this Friday. The theme is “Fresh Produce,” guests will get to experiment with seasonal fruits, vegetables and herbs along with a variety of Greenbar organic liquors. Must be a member to sign up for classes, membership is free.
6. [8 p.m.] Get an inside look at the world of professional street skateboarding as Sociologist Gregory Snyder presents his new book Skateboarding LA at The Last Bookstore. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] ‘The Garden’ is a new series by the LA Phil offering complimentary pre-concert drinks and views of the DTLA Skyline followed by masterful performances. Taking place on select Fridays starting January 5 through June 1. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase to the actual concert. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [10 p.m.] Bootie LA returns to the Echoplex this Friday evening for a special Bowie vs. Prince Mashup Night.
9. [various] Redondo Beach Restaurant Week is back from January 12 to 26. Dozen of eateries from the beach city’s growing food scene will be participating by offering either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only special offers.
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $17 tix to see Bill Burr at the Laugh Factory (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.