You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, January 2, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [2 p.m.] The folks behind the Museum of Failure presents The Disgusting Food Museum (Dec. 9, 2018 through Feb. 17, 2019.) Some of the ‘delicacies’ include maggot infested cheese, bull testicles, and sheep eyeballs. If you’re brave enough, visitors will also get to smell and taste some of the creations at the end of the exhibit over at a tasting bar. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. [6 p.m.] Ya Filthy Animals is a pop-up bar inspired by holiday movies including Bad Santa, A Christmas Story, and, of course, Home Alone. Expect themed drinks, photo booths, movie-themed installations, an outdoor ice rink, falling “snow,” a Christmas tree farm, food trucks and a fire pit. Open now till January 6, 2019 on Wednesdays through Sundays. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, L.A. Zoo Lights returns November 16, 2018 through January 6, 2019 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights illuminating the zoo. This seasonal event runs daily. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7 p.m.] Garvey Nights! An evening of astronomy at Garvey Ranch Observatory hosted by the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Every first and third Wednesday of the month, BEAR CITY brings free comedy and free pizza to Que Sera in Long Beach. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] There’s a weekly Wednesday Night Reggae Party at The 1881 in Pasadena. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] It’s Trivia Night at Grand Central Market starting at 8 p.m over on the Broadway side of the market. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] A gathering of friends for a soiree of music at Zebulon Cafe.
9. [various] There’s a Gilmore Girls experience coming to Warner Brothers Studios. From December 22 through January 6 fans can dine at Lorelai’s and then walk through sets like Lorelai and Rory’s home, the gazebo and town square all from the show.
10. [various] Fun Box Pop Up Museum is an immersive celebration of toys happening January 1 through 6. This interactive museum is open to all ages and offers 24 large-scale installations and exhibits designed by engineers and artists. Check for discounted tickets while supplies last via Goldstar. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar