You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Saturday, January 20, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Women’s March Los Angeles 2018 taking place in Pershing Square.
2. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a snow day in Diamond Bar at the annual Winter Snow Fest. Over 100 tons of snow will provide hours of sledding on four hills and other wintery fun.
3. [9 a.m.] The 4th Annual SoCal Retro Gaming Expo happening January 20-21 in City of Industry is an all-ages event featuring retro games, toys, merchandise, and much more.
4. [10 a.m.] Forest Lawn Museum’s latest exhibition Pigskin Peanuts is an homage to the late great Charles M. Schulz. Featuring 50 Sunday and daily football-themed comic strips and other Peanuts related objects, the family friendley exhibit will be on display from January 18 through March 15, 2018. Admission to the museum and parking is always free. FREE
5. [noon.] Iron Triangle turns two this Saturday with an epic BBQ Showdown where you decide the winner. $20 gets you a three item plate from competitors Moo’s Craft Barbecue and Peaches’ Smokehouse & Southern Kitchen, feast and then vote for your favorite. The BBQ starts at 1 p.m. and concludes at 6 p.m. or until the food runs out. Iron Triangle will also have new beers on tap including Sluice Gate IPA, Blasting Cap Vienna Lager, Stock and Trade: English Pub Ale on Nitro and Barrel Aged Jawbone Stout.
6. [6 p.m.] The National Park Service will host Mysteries of the Night Sky a Winter Star Party at Paramount Ranch. Guests will have a chance to see star clusters, nebulae and more through high-powered telescopes with astronomers and children can become an official Night Sky Junior Ranger. FREE
7. [6 p.m.] Gateway to the Moon 3.0 is a new immersive installation from artist Gazoo opening at de Plume gallery in East Hollywood this Saturday. The large-scale installation, is designed to transport visitors into a 360° retro-future dimension created from tape, lighting, and sound. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] There’s an extra cute and powerful art show titled I Am Extraordinary curated by Bored Inc.happening at Leanna Lin’s Wonderland in Eagle Rock. The group show will feature 28 female artists and a portion of the sales will be donated to Planned Parenthood Los Angeles and She Should Run. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] ‘Mike Kelley: Kandors 1999 – 2011,’ will close this weekend at Hauser & Wirth Los Angeles. To celebrate, the gallery will host free musical performances inspired by Kelly from anti-rock noise bands Extended Organ, Lonely Street, and telecaves. FREE
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 tix to the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.