You know what’s handy?
Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for Sunday, January 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The 4th Annual SoCal Retro Gaming Expo happening January 20-21 in City of Industry is an all-ages event featuring retro games, toys, merchandise, and much more.
2. [10 a.m.] Massive foodie market Smorgasburg LA in Downtown Los Angeles is open every Sunday and brings a massive roster of indie food pop ups, merchandise vendors and more at ROW DTLA. This weekend Beat Swap Meet and Smorgasburg LA will host Record Fair, a new monthly event taking place every third Sunday.
3. [10 a.m.] Forest Lawn Museum’s latest exhibition Pigskin Peanuts is an homage to the late great Charles M. Schulz. Featuring 50 Sunday and daily football-themed comic strips and other Peanuts related objects, the family friendly exhibit will be on display from January 18 through March 15, 2018. Admission to the museum and parking is always free. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] 826LA will present Pigs Will Fly!, a kids art project workshop, at The Hammer Museum. Kiddos will have a chance to illustrate and journal the adventures of pigs and piglets and their attempts to fly. Recommended for children ages 8 through 14 but all kids are welcomed if accompanied by an adult. FREE
5. [noon The 3rd Annual Playa Provisions Snow Day is family friendly fun for kids and adults. There will be sledding and other wintery activities going on while the Playa Provisions team grill up hamburgers and hot dogs all afternoon. As for dessert folks can gather around the fire pits to create their very own s’mores.
6. [5 p.m.] Head to Angel City Brewery for Go Fact Yourself a live podcast taping featuring comedians, actors and musicians answering questions on topics they claim to be experts in while the real experts on hand weight in and give us all the real facts. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Friendship Buddies is a weekly stand-up comedy show at the Verdugo Bar in Glassell Park. Come hangout in the back patio, enjoy a cocktail, and LOL to outstanding stand-up comedians in Los Angeles. FREE
8. [9 p.m.] Take in a few laughs at the end of the weekend at Cool Beans Comedy at the Ice House in Pasadena. FREE
9. [various] Free admission at: Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can) and Museum of Latin American Art
10. [various] dineL.A. the city’s restaurant week (January 12-26) continues with exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Want to know where to eat among the huge list of choices? Start here, with our picks for 20 can’t-miss menus.
DEAL OF THE DAY: $4.75 tix to the Los Angeles Travel & Adventure Show (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.