You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, January 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [noon] Cats On Glass Gallery is a pop-up from January 18-27 with a purpose, presented by Fresh Step Clean Paws. The “gallery” will feature a cat-lebrity Walk of Fame, a larger-than-life cat display, a yarn pom-pom room, a “me-owm” meditation room, and adoptable cats from spcaLA on view from a glass playhouse. Gallery hours are noon to 8 p.m. Located at 1147 Hope Street. FREE
2. [5 p.m.] The Indie Beauty Expo comes to the California Market Center in Downtown L.A. on January 23 for an exhibition of all of the newest, freshest and most innovative beauty brands in the world.
3. [6 p.m.] JAPAN HOUSE Los Angeles welcomes their latest exhibit ‘This is MANGA – the Art of NAOKI URASAWA” on Wednesday with a host of special events with Urasawa.
4. [7 p.m.] The LA Art Show returns to the Los Angeles Convention Center January 23-27 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience.
5. [7 p.m.] Come to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for trivia night hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
6. [7:30 p.m.] 14th Annual Focus on Female Directors at the Egyptian Theater.
7. [8 p.m.] The Edison presents an Evening of Latin Jazz with guest band Lily Hernandez & Orquesta. Dance instructor Charlene Rose will give free salsa lesson at 8 p.m. and the band plays at 9 p.m. There’s a $5 cover at the door.
8. [10 p.m.] Adam Sandler at Dynasty Typewriter At The Hayworth
9. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.f
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 11-25 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Check out our favorite menus for dineL.A. in our latest post The 17 Top dineL.A. Menus for January 2019.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $16 tix to the Long Beach Seafood Festival
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar