You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, January 22, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:30 a.m.] It’s Free Chili Day again at Philippe The Original. The French Dip institution will be serving up some delicious chili from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to the first 500 people. The catch for 2019 is that you can only get the free chili with a purchase of any sandwich from their menu. FREE
2. [noon] Cats On Glass Gallery is a pop-up from January 18-27 with a purpose, presented by Fresh Step Clean Paws. The “gallery” will feature a cat-lebrity Walk of Fame, a larger-than-life cat display, a yarn pom-pom room, a “me-owm” meditation room, and adoptable cats from spcaLA on view from a glass playhouse. Gallery hours are noon to 8 p.m. Located at 1147 Hope Street. FREE
3. [3:30 p.m.] Nature Day at East Rancho Dominguez Library. FREE
4. [7 p.m.] Kevin Smith and Marc Bernardin take over Scum and Villainy Cantina to perform a live version of their Fatman Beyond podcast!
5. [7 p.m.] Down some tacos, drink some locally brewed beers and test your trivia skills this Tuesday during Tacos & Trivia night at Angel City Brewery in DTLA.
6. [7 p.m.] Santa Monica Language Exchange Party hosted by Social Lingo.
7. [7 p.m.] The Moth storytelling competition returns to Los Globos for tonight’s theme: Drive.
8. [7 p.m.] Arts District Brewing Beer Society welcomes Ritual Brewing Co. from Redlands California. They’ll be tasting through a selection of beers and it’s free to attend with an RSVP. FREE
9. [various] Dreamscape Immersive, the latest contender in location-based virtual reality, has opened in the Westfield Century City mall with three unique adventures that include an alien zoo, a deep ocean dive and an action packed adventure to find a powerful jewel. Open seven days a week.f
10. [various] dineL.A. returns Jan. 11-25 for two weeks of exclusive lunch and dinner menus at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. Check out our favorite menus for dineL.A. in our latest post The 17 Top dineL.A. Menus for January 2019.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar