You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, January 30, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [4 p.m.] Burrito Project L.A. is looking for volunteers to help make burritos and distribute them to the hungry this Wednesday.
2. [4 p.m.] Brooklyn Brewery stops by Beelman’s Pub for Bar Talk: Craft Beer, Innovation & The Great Cape Debate. Both Founder Steve Hindy and Brewmaster Garrett Oliver of Brooklyn Brewery will be there to discuss the latest pressing brew questions. The discussion is free to attend and they’ll be pouring a few favorites.
3. [7 p.m.] Come to the Frogtown Brewery this Wednesday for trivia night hosted by Geeks Who Drink.
4. [7 p.m.] The Continental Club hosts cocktail classes every Wednesday where you can learn bar basics, techniques and a little history on classic and contemporary cocktails. The class will be followed by a spirits tasting.
5. [7 p.m.] Evening of Astronomy at the Garvey Ranch Observatory.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Pop-Up Magazine’s 2019 Winter Show comes to the Theatre at the Ace Hotel on January 30 to celebrate its latest issue. Known for being a live-magazine, pieces are created for stage and screen, and are performed in-front of a live-audience.
7. [8 p.m.] Lover’s Quarrel Comedy Show at Prufrock Pizzeria.
8. [9 p.m.] Dub Club Presents 2 Rooms of Music All Night at Echoplex. Free before 10 p.m.
9. [various] Starting on Wednesday, Angelenos can karaoke their hearts out in the comfort of their very own Sanrio-themed rooms that include private spaces dedicated to Gudetama, Aggretsuko, and Hello Kitty at Energy Karaoke located in Alhambra.
10. [various] Dine on specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations through Taste of Alhambra Restaurant happening January 27 through February 2.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix to Ragin Cajun Crawfish Jamboree in Redondo Beach
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar