You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, January 31, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Check out Harder Volumes, a new solo exhibition by Los Angeles based artist Nora Shields on display at The Pit in Glendale. Gallery hours are 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. [5:30 p.m.] The Food Truck Collective happens every Thursday from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. on Magnolia Blvd. Food trucks will line the street and live music will be played during.
3. [6 p.m.] Photo LA. at the Barker Hanger in Santa Monica runs from January 31 to February 3. The event celebrates photography and how it fits within the realm of fine art. Tonight is the opening night benefit for Venice Arts.
4. [6 p.m.] Meow & Mingle at Healthy Spot in Los Feliz.
5. [6 p.m.] MOCA Music Session and To di World Collective welcomes a night of Reggae music inspired by Bob Marley through performances by Roots Percussionist Hector Lewis, Mystic Marley, and other special guests with a DJ set by Shacia Päyne. FREE
6. [7 p.m.] Drive River Brewing hosts a Taco Deathmatch taco eating competition where contestants will attempt to eat five super spicy tacos each hotter than the next as fast as they can. Entry fee is $5 and for those who just want watch they’ll be serving some $5 brews throughout the event.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Voting Rights and Wrongs a Discussion at The Hammer Museum is an informative session about voting ethics and election laws. FREE
8. [8 p.m.] There’s a Food For Thought Open Mic Night happening at Angel City Brewery where people can share their art, poetry, spoken word, stories, laughter, dance and wisdom. Free to attend, sign ups start at 8 p.m.
10. [various] Dine on specially priced lunch and dinner menus at one of SGV’s best dining destinations through Taste of Alhambra Restaurant happening January 27 through February 2.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix to Ragin Cajun Crawfish Jamboree in Redondo Beach
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar
The Best Things to do in L.A., straight to your inbox! Sign Up For Our Email List And You Receive...
- Two emails a week, Monday AM and Thursday AM.
- Monday: The best of the week ahead. 30+ ideas.
- Thursday: What to do this weekend. 30+ ideas.
- Occasional emails with special offers and messages from promotional parters.
- Optional emails for daily to-dos, travel tips, food recommendations, and deals.Basically, just think of us as your friend making some fun suggestions for what you might like to check out this day or week or month in L.A. Sign-up in the form below to join over 66,000 Angelenos who already subscribe!