You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, January 31, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Help keep LA Historic Park thriving by attending Weed Warriors, a weekly morning meet up aimed at restoring native habitats throughout the park while removing non native plants. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Photo LA. brings a four-day celebration of photography and how it fits within the realm of fine art to the Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. The event runs through Feb. 2. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [5 p.m.] Tea Time is an hour of complimentary speciality tea education and tastings at Groundwork Coffee in the NoHo Arts District. FREE
4. [5:30 p.m.] The Consulate General of France in Los Angeles and the Natural History Museum of Los Angeles County presents Night of Ideas Los Angeles on an evening of engaging lectures and conversations, live musical and dance performances, readings, art installations, screenings, and more. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] Severance Wine Bar wants to celebrate your single status during their BREAKUP BAR POPUP. Taking place next door to the bar, the two-week long party will transport guest into an anti-Valentine’s Day world with break up appropriate movie screenings, a Wall of Broken Relationships, loads of champagne, cocktails and food. Running Tuesday through Saturday January 31 till February 16.
6. [7:30 p.m.] The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica presents the acclaimed National Geographic Live series Pursuit of the Black Panther with Shannon Wild, National Geographic photographer and cinematographer, on Thursday, January 30 and Friday, January 31. Audiences will be taken behind-the-scenes of the many challenges and dangers of documenting the rare and elusive black panther in southern India.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Experience Pink Floyd’s Dark Side of the Moon played live in a psychedelic 360 dome at Wisdome.LA Immersive Art Park in DTLA Arts District. The space blends virtual reality, musical art and 3-D sound. For one night only the Dark Side of the Dome event will feature an all-star band with members of Pink Floyd, Jane’s Addiction, The Hendrix Experience, and Fishbone.
8. [7:30 p.m.] The Lula Washington Dance Theatre brings social and humanitarian issues to light through the art of dance, with a particular focus on African American culture and history. The ensemble performs at The Wallis this Friday and Saturday nights.
9. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre Group in North Hollywood presents a 20-minute blindfolded horror-theatre experience titled The Bogeyman that moves the audience through a spiraling plethora of the deepest darkest of fantasies. The show runs Friday and Saturday nights from January 31 through February 15.
10. [various] 9th Annual Pasadena Cheeseburger Week returns with over 40 restaurants and bars offering special cheeseburger items from January 26-31.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: $20 tix to the LA Cookie Con (via Goldstar)