You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, January 4, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
View this post on Instagram
Never been to LACMA? First-time Fridays is a new monthly event for new visitors to the museum. Simply let the ticket office know you’re a newbie and you’ll receive a free poster, discounts and a welcome gift. Stop by after 3 pm with a L.A. County residents ID and get free admission. 📸 @chrissy.stardust #welikela #lacma #urbanlights #artinla #thingstodoinla
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Never been to LACMA? First-time Fridays is a new monthly event for new visitors to the museum. Simply let the ticket office know you’re a newbie and you’ll receive a free poster, discounts and a welcome gift. Stop by after 3 p.m. with a L.A. County residents ID and get free admission.
2. [2 p.m.] The folks behind the Museum of Failure presents The Disgusting Food Museum (Dec. 9, 2018 through Feb. 17, 2019.) Some of the ‘delicacies’ include maggot infested cheese, bull testicles, and sheep eyeballs. If you’re brave enough, visitors will also get to smell and taste some of the creations at the end of the exhibit over at a tasting bar. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. [6 p.m.] Ya Filthy Animals is a pop-up bar inspired by holiday movies including Bad Santa, A Christmas Story, and, of course, Home Alone. Expect themed drinks, photo booths, movie-themed installations, an outdoor ice rink, falling “snow,” a Christmas tree farm, food trucks and a fire pit. Open now till January 6, 2019 on Wednesdays through Sundays. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [5 p.m.] It’s First Fridays at The Village in Redondo Beach. Merchants and art galleries will stay open till 8 p.m. and a live performance by Mr. Loop next to the Aloha Bungalow.
5. [8 p.m.] Art Share will launch a new monthly series inviting guests to discover an eclectic mix of music, poetry, video, performance art, and projection art.
6. [8 p.m.] The Groundlings Mix Tape is a “best of” show with a limited run of only-seen-once-before sketches. Brought back to life by director Deanna Oliver and her cast of Groundlings and Alumni. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
7. [8 p.m.] Opening Reception for new exhibitions by Ana Bagayan and Dave Lebow at La Luz De Jesus Gallery (inside Wacko Soap Plant). FREE
8. [10 p.m.] Bohemian Rhapsody: Queen Night and 70s Party at Los Globos
9. [various] Fun Box Pop Up Museum is an immersive celebration of toys happening January 1 through 6. This interactive museum is open to all ages and offers 24 large-scale installations and exhibits designed by engineers and artists. Check for discounted tickets while supplies last via Goldstar. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar