You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, January 6, 2020.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [1 p.m.] Casino screens in 35mm at The Aero Theatre as part of a month-long slate of films featuring collaborations between Martin Scorsese and Robert De Niro.
2. [3 p.m.] The annual LA Kings Holiday Ice happening at L.A. LIVE’s Microsoft Square is a daily outdoors holiday skating rink. Open November 30, 2019 through January 12, 2020.
3. [4 p.m.] Kidspace’s Free Family Night happens on the first Tuesday of each month between 4-8 p.m. On these special nights the museum will promote family learning through arts, picking up new skills through activities and more. FREE
4. [6:30 p.m.] Moon Watch with the Sidewalk Astronomers at The Burbank Public Library. FREE
5. [7 p.m.] The Social Lingo Language Exchange Party comes to La Piazza at The Grove. Meet new friends from around the world and practice conversations in a variety of languages.
6. [7 p.m.] A Very Bowie Karaoke night at The Offbeat in Highland Park.
7. [8 p.m.] Watch Doctor Who with your fellow Whovians this Tuesday night at Fox & Hounds. They’ll be showing the Ninth Doctor episode “The Long Game” on every TV as well as two big projectors inside and outside the bar. Drink special password is “TARDIS” and gets you $4 draft beer and $1 off wine and well drinks.
8. [8 p.m.] Tuesday Night Jazz at Mama Lion.
9. [various] Free museum day at Natural History Museum and La Brea Tarpits Museum. Also note that L.A. County residents receive free Museum admission to both these museums Monday through Friday from 3 to 5 pm. Bring a valid ID or utility bill the day of your visit. FREE
10. [various] Santa Monica Restaurant Week returns January 6-12 with over 35 restaurants creating a unique dish with one unifying star ingredient, the kumquat. Scroll down to our Food Pick of the Week for highlights and suggestions.
#SPONSORED DEAL OF THE DAY: Get $10 tix to headliner shows at The Comedy Store (via Goldstar)