You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 14, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Octubrefest a Mexican Oktoberfest taking place at Smorgasburg in DTLA, will feature a wide variety of Mexican dishes, Mexican inspired craft beers, and plenty of micheladas. Enjoy food specials including Oaxacan sausage and chorizo. Admission is free.
2. [10 a.m.] Come celebrate the 50th anniversary of The Special Olympics at this year’s Pier Del Sol. The annual culinary festival allows guests to enjoy brunch with a wide range of specially cooked meals from the city’s best chefs, along with unlimited rides at Pacific Park.
3. [10:30 a.m.] Now in its third year, David Lynch’s Festival of Disruption returns to The Theatre at Ace Hotel with two daays of programming — including film screenings, music, art exhibitions and more — curated and overseen by Lynch himself. It all goes down on October 13-14.
4. [10:30 a.m.] Come celebrate Pagan Pride at Rainbow Lagoon Park. The event will explore and put into proper display the beliefs, practices and realities of Paganism, filled with workshops, as well as vendors, rituals and plenty more. FREE
5. [11 a.m.] The Fall Brewery Artwalk (October 13-14) includes art displays spanning video, painting, performance, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media and more.
6. [noon] Angel City Oktoberfest is a full day of German music, German beer, and super fun contests of strength that include steinhoisters, sauerkraut eaters, and yodelers. Admission is free!
7. [noon] Spatial Reality: Artists Explore the Future of XR is a new experimental exhibit coming to sp[a]ce gallery at Ayzenberg in Pasadena where some 25 artists will exhibit work in the mediums of augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality.
8. [noon] L.A. Bacon Bash will have you indulging in specially curated bacon and craft beer from all over so-cal as well as a day of fun at Santa Anita Park’s race track. We Like L.A. readers can save $10 on tickets by using the special promo code BACON18 when purchasing tickets.
9. [5:30 & 7:30 p.m.] The Big Quiet: A Mass Meditation at the LA Public Library will include a sound bath experience in the rotunda of the L.A. Public Library, with string instrumentalists, special guests and more.
10. [all day] Enjoy this year’s Fall Festival at The Original Farmers Market (October 13-14), including a petting zoo, pie-eating contests, live music, and plenty more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use the promo code WINGS18 to save $10 on online tickets to this Saturday’s Hot Wings & Craft Beer Fest at Santa Anita Park, featuring an assortment of creative wing samples, plenty of cold brews, and racing action.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.