You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 13, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10:30 a.m.] Now in its third year, David Lynch’s Festival of Disruption returns to The Theatre at Ace Hotel with two days of programming — including film screenings, music, art exhibitions and more — curated and overseen by Lynch himself. It all goes down on October 13-14.
2. [11 a.m.] The Fall Brewery Artwalk (October 13-14) includes art displays spanning video, painting, performance, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media and more.
3. [11 a.m.] Visit the Annenberg Space for Photography as it welcomes its newest exhibit The National Geographic Photo Ark, a multi-year project led by Joel Sartore to photograph every living species throughout the world’s zoos and wildlife sanctuaries. The exhibit opens on October 13 and continues through January 13. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] Check out all the art, activity and culture that Pasadena has to offer during the Pasadena ARTwalk featuring art shows, restaurant deals and much more. FREE
5. [noon] Spatial Reality: Artists Explore the Future of XR is a new experimental exhibit coming to sp[a]ce gallery at Ayzenberg in Pasadena where some 25 artists will exhibit work in the mediums of augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality.
6. [3 p.m.] Zona Rosa Caffe’s 24th Annual Dia de los Muertos celebration put on in partnership with the Pasadena Playhouse, will offer a plethora of activities and offerings including sugar skull tastings, face painting, artwork from a slew of artists, music, dance, performances, silent disco and more. FREE
7. [8 p.m.] Drunken Devil presents Bacchanalia a horror-centric bash that transports guests to court during the roman rule of Caligula. There will be an open bar, actors unfolding a dark theatrical narrative, burlesque and much more.
8. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre in North Hollywood presents their annual Halloween iteration of Urban Death. Guests will wind through a short maze before entering a darkened theater where series of disturbing vignettes will be presented one after another.
9. [10 p.m.] Adidas presents You Had To Be There at Los Globos, a phone-free party, where upon entry you must put your cellular device in a locked pouch. For just one night, enjoy the party environment curated just for this event and stay off your phones and social media! Admission is free.
10. [all day] Enjoy this year’s Fall Festival at The Original Farmers Market (October 13-14), including a petting zoo, pie-eating contests, live music, and plenty more.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Santa Anita Park’s first ever Bacon Bash offers live horse racing action unique bacon-inspired bites, and craft beer samplings, all on Sunday, October 14. We Like L.A. readers can save $10 on tickets by using the special promo code BACON18 when purchasing tickets.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.