You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, October 12, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Head to this year’s IndieCade to check out independent video games from around the world. Guests will be able to preview and play games, join in on forums and workshops. The signature event will”Night Gaming”, featuring gameplay underneath the night sky. Happening Oct. 11-13.
2. [6 p.m.] 18 Pasadena art and cultural organizations will offer free admission as part of ArtNight Pasadena. which features the Gamble House, Norton Simon, and USC Pacific Asia Museum, among others. Patrons can also take advantage of a free shuttle to stops around Pasadena. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] Nights of the Jack is a half mile trail filled with thousands of hand-carved and illuminated Jack O’Lanterns. Family friendly and located in Calabasas, the experience is filled with pumpkins carved into notable animated characters, movie stars, sports heroes, and many more.
4. [6:30 p.m.] San Fernando Valley Halloween Drive-In Nights screens a double feature of Hocus Pocus and Christine.
5. [7 p.m..] Spatial Reality: Artists Explore the Future of XR is a new experimental exhibit coming to sp[a]ce gallery at Ayzenberg in Pasadena where some 25 artists will exhibit work in the mediums of augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality.
6. [7 p.m.] The 19th Annual Reign of Terror is one of the largest haunted houses in Southern California, containing a total of eight unique themes spread among 105 separate rooms in over 23,000 square foot space.
7. [7:30 p.m.] Unbound Productions’ site-specific Wicked Lit returns to the Mountain View Mausoleum, offering the perfect setting for all new tales of horror
8. [8 p.m.] Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre in North Hollywood presents their annual Halloween iteration of Urban Death. Guests will wind through a short maze before entering a darkened theater where series of disturbing vignettes will be presented one after another.
9. [various] From Oct. 12 to 14, Comedy Comedy Festival makes a return to Los Angeles, featuring a slew of comedy shows, standup comedians and written performances.
10. [various] The Second City will host the Los Angeles Diversity in Comedy Festival from October 11-14 celebrating performers of diverse backgrounds across race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, and gender identity through performances, panels, and workshops.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Santa Anita Park’s first ever Bacon Bash offers live horse racing action unique bacon-inspired bites, and craft beer samplings, all on Sunday, October 14. We Like L.A. readers can save $10 on tickets by using the special promo code BACON18 when purchasing tickets.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.