You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, October 14, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a bit of spooky fall family fun at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in Culver City all week. Don’t forget to snap that iconic picture in front of the pumpkin house!
2. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museum’s latest exhibition dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” opens October 10 and runs through April 19, 2020. It includes rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
3. [11 a.m.] A colorful, winding installation called The Second Home Serpentine Pavilion is now open at the La Brea Tar Pits for the summer and its 100% free for the public to roam and explore. The pavilion is open daily and will run through November 24. FREE
4. [5:30 p.m.] Pumpkin Nights feature thousands of carved pumpkins across several pumpkin-themed lands accompanied with special holiday activities. Happening October 10 through November 3.
5. [6 p.m.] Players Wanted: Disney Villains – A Themed Board Game Night at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
6. [7 p.m.] Weirdo Night w/ Dynasty Handbag & special guest performers at Zebulon.
7. [7 p.m.] WRITE CLUB Los Angeles, Ch.89: Safe Hex Practices at The Bootleg Theater.
8. [7:30 p.m.] here’s a free Monday Night Fiction Workshop at Beyond Baroque in Venice this Monday. The weekly workshop will be facilitated by author, screenwriter, playwright, and director Barra Grant. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] Femmes The Rules is a stand up comedy show at Lyric Hyperion where male comedians are paired with female (or non-binary) comedians that are allowed to interrupt him with commentary during his set but it doesn’t work vice versa, the male comedian has to just sit and watch quietly during their partners set.
10. [8 p.m.] Free Screening of HONEY BOY with Director Alma Har’el in person at The Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Neights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)