You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, October 19, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] Visit the Annenberg Space for Photography as it welcomes its newest exhibit The National Geographic Photo Ark, a multi-year project led by Joel Sartore to photograph every living species throughout the world’s zoos and wildlife sanctuaries. The exhibit opens on October 13 and continues through January 13. Hours for the space are Wednesday and Friday through Sunday. FREE
2. [noon] Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg opens at The Skirball Cultural Canter this Friday.
3. [5 p.m.] Long Beach Zombie Fest returns Oct. 19 – 21 and invites guests to dress as corpses and shuffle down Rainbow Lagoon Park in a massive crowd of fellow undead.
4. [6 p.m.] Front Porch Cinema (October 18-21) offers four straight days of classic films screened at the Santa Monica Pier, with access to all the fun amenities and attractions the pier has to offer including rides, games, food and more. FREE
5. [6 p.m.] Odd Nights At The Autry feature a collection of over 200 vendors, 20 gourmet food trucks, a beer garden, custom handmade treasures and live local bands.
6. [6 p.m.] Experience The Triforium restored and modernized to react to real time live performances! Three concerts will take place on the next three Fridays featuring artists including Reggie Watts, the LA Opera, and Taikoprojects. FREE
7. [7 p.m.] The Sivley family is back for their 47th year of hosting the award winning, Beware the Dark Realm a haunted house experience in the city of Santa Clarita. The haunt will run every Friday and Saturday thorough the end of the month. FREE
8. [7:30 p.m.] One of the biggest electronic acts in the world, The Crystal Method, is set to play under L.A.’s oldest bridge this Friday! Presented by KCRW, the night will also include curated food vendors, a craft bar, performance poetry and opening act LondonBridge!
9. [various] DTLA Film Fest (Oct. 17-21) happening at Regal L.A. LIVE and various other venues near by will screen 31 feature films, 77 short films, TV pilots and webseries episodes. This year will also mark the launch of Immersive, the festival’s first VR-AR series.
10. [various] Critically acclaimed, avant-garde haunt Creep returns with ‘Awake.’ The walkthrough thrusts participants through a 75-minute series of horrific situations in a shockingly cinematic fashion. As a result, you are placed face-to-face with your worst fears, presenting an incredibly unique and intimate horror experience. Happening at ROW DTLA on select Wednesdays through Sundays.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use the promo code WINGS18 to save $10 on online tickets to this Saturday’s Hot Wings & Craft Beer Fest at Santa Anita Park, featuring an assortment of creative wing samples, plenty of cold brews, and racing action.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.