You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 20, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] The 13th Annual Los Angeles Archives Bazaar welcomes guests to enjoy a massive catalogue of archives, memories and information open for the public to peruse and explore along with a special screening of “Lost L.A.” FREE
2. [10 a.m.] Visit the largest street festival in Los Angeles at Taste of Soul. The event, now in its 13th year, features live music across multiple stages, a Budweiser Beer Garden, a Children’s Zone, and countless vendors available throughout the grounds. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The 4th annual Politicon (Oct 20-21) is a weekend filled with panels, debates, screenings, podcasts, comedy shows and more. Guests included Chelsea Handler, Jake Tapper, and Ann Coulter.
4. [11 a.m.] Come fundraise to help homeless animals with a walk around Exposition Park during Strut Your Mutt LA. The walk will finish with a family friendly festival with food trucks, and activities.
5. [noon] Spatial Reality: Artists Explore the Future of XR is a new experimental exhibit coming to sp[a]ce gallery at Ayzenberg in Pasadena where some 25 artists will exhibit work in the mediums of augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality. The exhibit runs on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) from October 13 to 28. General admission tickets are free, with premium VIP experiences also available for purchase. FREE
6. [noon] Enjoy over 85 craft beers at the Burbank Beer Festival & Street Fair plus live music and other entertainment.
7. [5 p.m.] The South Pasadena Arts Crawl is an all ages free event featuring art exhibitions, activities, live music, open houses, food and drink specials throughout the business district on Mission Street, and adjacent blocks. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] Front Porch Cinema (October 18-21) offers four straight days of classic films screened at the Santa Monica Pier, with access to all the fun amenities and attractions the pier has to offer including rides, games, food and more. FREE
9. [7 p.m.] Sweet Sorrow is a merging of zombies and ballet in a horrifyingly beautiful spectacle! The show, which is the only annual ballet of the Halloween season in Los Angeles, shares an original story of Romeo and Juliet, following the duo after their deaths.
10. [7 p.m.] The Sivley family is back for their 47th year of hosting the award winning, Beware the Dark Realm a haunted house experience in the city of Santa Clarita. The haunt will run every Friday and Saturday thorough the end of the month. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use the promo code WINGS18 to save $10 on online tickets to this Saturday’s Hot Wings & Craft Beer Fest at Santa Anita Park, featuring an assortment of creative wing samples, plenty of cold brews, and racing action.
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.