You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 21, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The 28th Annual Sherman Oaks Street Fair is San Fernando Valley’s largest single day event. Enjoy a plethora of activities and offerings, including a zip line, a ferris wheel, food trucks, live performances and over 200 vendors. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] The 4th annual Politicon (Oct 20-21) is a weekend filled with panels, debates, screenings, podcasts, comedy shows and more. Guests included Chelsea Handler, Jake Tapper, and Ann Coulter.
3. [noon] Spatial Reality: Artists Explore the Future of XR is a new experimental exhibit coming to sp[a]ce gallery at Ayzenberg in Pasadena where some 25 artists will exhibit work in the mediums of augmented reality, virtual reality, and mixed reality. The exhibit runs on weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) from October 13 to 28. General admission tickets are free, with premium VIP experiences also available for purchase. FREE
4. [noon] There’s a Halloween Family Festival happening at Boomtown Brewery with kid friendly fun like a bounce house, face painting, arts and crafts, trick or treating and plenty of craft beer for adults.
5. [1 p.m.] Explore the galleries and space in Chung King Plaza (located in Chinatown) as it transforms itself into A.G. Geiger’s Art Book Fair. The event, which is free and open to the public, includes a series of publishers presenting their work including, a zine section, live music, discussion and more. FREE
6. [1 p.m.] The Norton Simon Museum will host a Fall Family Festival this Sunday, from 1-3 p.m. A fun-filled creativity-themed event the day will celebrate music and movement in the Museum’s galleries.
7. [3 p.m.] Head to Mack Sennet Studios for Eastside Food Festival for a celebration of food, drink, comedy, and music that highlights the eastside’s vibrant culture. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. [5 p.m.] The Outlaw Music Festival makes a stop at The Hollywood Bowl for a day of music from some of outlaw country’s most celebrated artists including Willie Nelson and Phil Lesh as headliners.
9. [5 p.m.]Take the family to Kidspace Children’s Museum in Pasadena for Haunted Arroyo, a museum after hours party, the evening will boasts a wide range of activities including potion making, glow-in-the-dark painting, a slime station, lantern crafting a Monster Mash dance party and more.
10. [6 p.m.] Front Porch Cinema (October 18-21) offers four straight days of classic films screened at the Santa Monica Pier, with access to all the fun amenities and attractions the pier has to offer including rides, games, food and more. FREE
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.