You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, October 22, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Check out the 45th Annual Día de los Muertos Exhibition at Self Help Graphics & Art. On view daily 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. FREE
2. [6 p.m.] Players Wanted: Back To The Future – A Themed Game Night at Scum and Villainy Cantina.
3. [7 p.m.] Head to the Golden Road Brewery this Monday for Trivia Night presented by Geeks Who Drink.
4. [7 p.m.] Head to Frogtown’s artist-run space Tin Flats every Monday and Tuesday now until Nov. 27 for a free drive-in movie screening curated with some very special programming. Presented by The France Los Angeles Exchange, this project presents films, performances and exhibitions from artists in the program, as well as a film that echoes their own work. FREE
5. [7:30 p.m.] The Hammer presents A Night of Victor Hugo where artists bring to life works made by Hugo through live music, theatrical reading, dance and shadow play. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] The Moth GrandSLAM – The Tipping Point at The Regent Theater.
7. [8:30 p.m.] Monday Night Residency: Dangerbird Records at The Echo. FREE
8. [various] There’s a Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden daily featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
9. [various] Take a break from your dietary restrictions at Cheat Day Land, Los Angeles’ newest pop-up museum celebrating the snacks and treats that we dream of during our workouts. Featured installations and experiences ranging from a donut gym with pastry dumbbells to a life-size cereal bowl, an art gallery, and much more. Cheat Day Land is here for an entire month, from October 1-31. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.