You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 19, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The two-day Pumpkin Festival in Brookside Park is annually attended by an estimated 20,000 people each year. Attendees enjoy plenty of family-friendly activities including a pumpkin patch, festival games, crafts, pony rides, a petting zoo, bouncers, and more. Admission to the festival is free, with a paid tickets required for festival food and activities.
2. [10 a.m.] Celebrate International Archaeology Day at King Gillette Ranch. Activities include a dig up of “artifacts,” Native American performances, atlatl spear throwing and more. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] The free Beverly Hills artSHOW happening on October 19-20 will showcase over 200 artists ranging from pantings and sculptures to ceramics and jewelry on display across four blocks. FREE
4. [11 a.m.] P-22 Day Festival in Griffith Park is an annual celebration of the big cat who crossed two freeways and won the hearts of Angelenos. Now in its fourth year, festivities include plenty of exhibits and activities, including a P-22 photo booth, a virtual reality experience of a wildlife crossing, meet-and-greets with Ranger Rick, an urban wildlife garden installation, live music, and much more. FREE
5. [4 p.m.] The South Pasadena Arts Crawl is an all ages free event featuring art exhibitions, activities, live music, open houses, food and drink specials throughout the business district on Mission Street, and adjacent blocks. FREE
6. [5 p.m.] There’s a BURGERDADDY pop-up happening at West Adams cafe Highly Likely this Saturday as part of its #octoburgerfest event. Bite into cheeseburgers made with grass-fed beef ground in-house at Standing’s Butchery. The menu will also include sides like fries, a special HiLi market slaw and even soft serve. The pop-up runs 5-9 p.m.
7. [5:30 p.m.] The All My Friends Music Festival is coming to Downtown Los Angeles with two days of live music and performances. Hosted at The ROW on October 19-20, the festival features some of the hottest performers of this decade. The lineup includes a DJ set by Justice, Diplo b2b Mk, Busy P and more.
8. [6 p.m.] Unbound Productions’ site-specific Wicked Lit returns to the Mountain View Mausoleum, offering the perfect setting for all new tales of horror. This year, guests can choose from two theatrical productions on Saturday. Both are dark adaptations with select scenes from The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, The Monkey’s Paw, Body Snatchers and more. Guests will walk through the mausoleum as they follow the chilling tales.
9. [6 p.m.] The Los Angeles County Brewers Guild present the 3rd annual L.A. Beer and Food Festival at the L.A. County Arboretum. An intimate tasting experience under the stars, the event features 50 independent craft breweries, over 100 unique brews, complimentary bites from local businesses, live entertainment, educational talks centered around beer, fermentation, and California plant-life, plus special group tours of the Arboretum Library.
10. [7 p.m.] The Sivley family is back for their 48th year of hosting the award winning, Beware the Dark Realm a haunted house experience in the city of Santa Clarita. The haunt will run every Friday and Saturday thorough the end of the month. FREE (donations welcome!)
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)