You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 20, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] The two-day Pumpkin Festival in Brookside Park is annually attended by an estimated 20,000 people each year. Attendees enjoy plenty of family-friendly activities including a pumpkin patch, festival games, crafts, pony rides, a petting zoo, bouncers, and more. Admission to the festival is free, with a paid tickets required for festival food and activities.
2. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museums latest exhibit dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” opens October 10, 2019 through April 19, 2020 and will include rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
3. [10 a.m.] The free Beverly Hills artSHOW happening on October 19-20 will showcase over 200 artists ranging from pantings and sculptures to ceramics and jewelry on display across four blocks. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The 29th Annual Sherman Oaks Street Fair is San Fernando Valley’s largest single day event. Enjoy a plethora of activities and offerings, including a zip line, a ferris wheel, food trucks, live performances and over 200 vendors. FREE
5. [10 a.m.] Take your pet Guinea Pig to The Los Angeles Guinea Pig Rescue Fall Festival! The event includes food, music, adoptions, vendors, guinea pig supplies, music, tours of Farralone Farms, speakers, free guinea pig health checks and nail clips. This event is free.
6. [10 a.m.] At the 11th Annual Los Angeles Printers Fair (October 19-20) celebrate the paper arts with handmade paper, cards, posters, opportunity for personal, custom prints and more with featured artist Jessica Spring.
7. [10 a.m.] Head to the Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens for Boo at the Zoo on any Saturday or Sunday during the month of October for a large assortment of seasonal activities for the whole family.
8. [1 p.m.] The Norton Simon Museum will host a Fall Family Festival with the theme of time-travel. Highlights include workshops by 826LA, music and story time.
9. [4 p.m.] Metro Ghosts of Union Station is a Halloween Art Tour through the historic halls of Union Station led by the Independent Shakespeare Co. Free with RSVP. FREE
10. [5:30 p.m.] The All My Friends Music Festival is coming to Downtown Los Angeles with two days of live music and performances. Hosted at The ROW on October 19-20, the festival features some of the hottest performers of this decade. The lineup includes a DJ set by Justice, Diplo b2b Mk, Busy P and more.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)