You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, October 21, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a bit of spooky fall family fun at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in Culver City all week. Don’t forget to snap that iconic picture in front of the pumpkin house!
2. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museums latest exhibit dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” opens October 10, 2019 through April 19, 2020 and will include rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
3. [5 p.m.] The folks at Scratch|Bar presents Magic|Bar an evening of spooky illusions in a speakeasy setting led by bartender/magician Benjamin Schrader. Join him and a few of his world-famous magician friends for an unforgettable night, raise your “spooky” punch glass and indulge in some deliciously eerie finger foods. Happening October 21-22. Make reservations here.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Chris Hayes, along with Academy Award-winning writer and director Adam McKay and author Omar El Akkad, come to The Theatre at Ace Hotel to attempt to break down how to talk about climate change in our media and culture.
5. [7:30 p.m.] Los Angeles Times Book Club presents Michael Connelly at the Montalban.
6. [7:30 p.m.] Astronomy on Tap hosted by Caltech Astronomy happens once a month at Der Wolf in Pasadena. Professionals will give informal talks about a variety of topics while enjoying German beers with the public.
7. [7:30 p.m.] There’s a free Monday Night Fiction Workshop at Beyond Baroque in Venice this Monday. The weekly workshop will be facilitated by author, screenwriter, playwright, and director Barra Grant. FREE
10. [9 p.m.] DJ MASEO (of De La Soul) comes to Motown On Mondays at the Short Stop in Echo Park.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)