You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Tuesday, October 22, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] There’s a daily Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
2. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a bit of spooky fall family fun at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in Culver City all week. Don’t forget to snap that iconic picture in front of the pumpkin house!
3. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museums latest exhibit dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” opens October 10, 2019 through April 19, 2020 and will include rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
4. [5 p.m.] The folks at Scratch|Bar presents Magic|Bar an evening of spooky illusions in a speakeasy setting led by bartender/magician Benjamin Schrader. Join him and a few of his world-famous magician friends for an unforgettable night, raise your “spooky” punch glass and indulge in some deliciously eerie finger foods. Happening October 21-22. Make reservations here.
5. [5 p.m.] Surf Curse performs live at Amoeba Hollywood to promote their newest release, Heaven Surrounds You! FREE
6. [5:30 p.m.] Pumpkin Nights feature thousands of carved pumpkins across several pumpkin-themed lands accompanied with special holiday activities. Happening October 10 through November 3.
7. [7 p.m.] Pulitzer Prize winner Ronan Farrow joins the L.A. Times Idea Exchange for a conversation at the Orpheum.
8. [7 p.m.] The Groundlings Theater presents a 45th Anniversary Show featuring a star-studded cast plus gourmet appetizers, special cocktails, wine and beer.
9. [7:30 p.m.] Disney Trivia Night at Elite Esports & Gaming Lounge in Studio City.
10. [8 p.m.] Doug Loves Movies at the UCB Frankin.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)