You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Thursday, October 24, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a bit of spooky fall family fun at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in Culver City all week. Don’t forget to snap that iconic picture in front of the pumpkin house!
2. [1 p.m.] The Haunted 2: Welcome Foolish Mortals is an art exhibit inspired by places like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Marvel at creepy animatronic works alongside paintings, sculptures, and jewelry. Happening at The Hive Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles the exhibit will run October 6 through November 3 and is free to view. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] OUE Skyspace hosts a happy hour every Thursday this month from 5-9 p.m. with $6 beer, $8 wines, $10 signature cocktails and $2 tacos. Guests will also enjoy Thursday Night Football and music by KCRWs Anthony Valadez.
4. [6 p.m.] Resolve and The Dodo present Pet School at The Wallis Annenberg Pet Space. Take your four legged friend along to learn about training tweaks, trick hacks and plenty of pampering as a reward.
5. [6:15 p.m.] Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes guests in a bizarre world where reality and performance art blur in a very dark way. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 through November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights available.
6. [6:30 p.m.] Carved debuts at Descanso Gardens October 23-27 with a thousand professionally-carved pumpkins featuring themes like superheroes, famous movie monsters, and more. Guests can enjoy seasonal snacks, live carving demonstrations, and special surprises at the family-friendly event.
7. [7 p.m.] Thursday is the opening night for the The WestEdge Design Fair, a massive event spanning four days (October 24-27) solely focused on good design. Featuring hundreds of exhibitors, attendees will be able to shop and learn from industry leaders and tastemakers.
8. [8:15 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOM Fiesta Fantasma is back for another spectacular lucha libre show Halloween style. Happening October 23-24.
9. [9 p.m.] RISK! at the Dynasty Typewriter is a live show and podcast where people tell true stories they never thought they’d dare to share.
10. [various] Disco Dining Club and the Grim Weather return with another lavish, elaborately themed dinner party this time they’re summoning one of literature’s greatest hedonists: Dorian Gray. The Depraved Attic of Dorian Gray consists of a 5-course meal via Chef Laurent Quenioux; themed cocktails from Happy Hour Academy; caviar from East Boston Oysters; immersive performances; live music, dance numbers, and parting gift bags. The entire party will take place within Oscar Wilde’s gothic horror work, The Picture of Dorian Gray. Seatings are available October 24-26 at a private location in Hollywood.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)