You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 23, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6 a.m.] Norms celebrates their 70th anniversary with a 70-cent breakfast special on Wednesday, October 23, from 6 to 9 a.m. You can order the 70-cent breakfast special featuring a few diner favorites; 2 pancakes, 2 eggs done any style and a choice of 2 pieces of bacon or sausage.
2. [9 a.m.] There’s a daily Great Pumpkin Hunt happening at the South Coast Botanic Garden featuring an imaginative scavenger hunt, light hiking, a pumpkin shop and access to the gorgeous 87-acre grounds. Great for families. Halloween costumes are welcome.
3. [9 a.m.] Enjoy a bit of spooky fall family fun at Mr. Bones Pumpkin Patch in Culver City all week. Don’t forget to snap that iconic picture in front of the pumpkin house!
4. [9:30 a.m.] The Natural History Museums latest exhibit dives into the scientific inspiration behind some of Hollywoods most terrifying creatures. “Natural History of Horror” opens October 10, 2019 through April 19, 2020 and will include rare movie props, film footage, activities and museum specimens.
5. [1 p.m.] The Haunted 2: Welcome Foolish Mortals is an art exhibit inspired by places like the Haunted Mansion at Disneyland. Marvel at creepy animatronic works alongside paintings, sculptures, and jewelry. Happening at The Hive Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles the exhibit will run October 6 through November 3 and is free to view. FREE
6. [6:30 p.m.] Carved debuts at Descanso Gardens October 23-27 with a thousand professionally-carved pumpkins featuring themes like superheroes, famous movie monsters, and more. Guests can enjoy seasonal snacks, live carving demonstrations, and special surprises at the family-friendly event.
7. [7 p.m.] Every Wednesday The Continental Club in DTLA features live jazz hosted by Matthew Yeakley plus complimentary mini cupcakes from Big Man Bakes. No cover!
8. [7 p.m.] KCET Artbound screens a Día de los Muertos episode followed by a panel discussion at Self Help Graphics & Art. FREE
9. [8 p.m.] The Mermaid bar will host a Lady Killers Trivia Night. Topics include true crime, unsolved mysteries, and serial killers. Game starts at 8 p.m. drink specials, prizes, and a bloody good time will be had. Costumes are encouraged.
10. [8:15 p.m.] Lucha VaVOOM Fiesta Fantasma is back for another spectacular lucha libre show Halloween style. Happening October 23-24.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $69 tix to Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios (via Goldstar)