You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 27, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] Head down to Huntington Dog Beach to celebrate all things corgi during the fall edition of Corgi Beach Day. 1200+ corgis will be in attendance enjoying corgi activities and contests. FREE
2. [11 a.m.] Griffith Park’s famous mountain lion has it’s own festival! P-22 Day Festival will include a VR experience of wildlife crossing and the L.A. river, photo opportunities with a mountain lion, an urban wildlife garden installation, meet and greet with Ranger Rick, live music and food. FREE
3. [11 a.m.] The Barker Hangar will transform into an art wonderland on Oct. 25-28 when The Other Art Fair returns to Los Angeles. The event, which is put on by online art gallery Saatchi Art will allow guests to peruse through the works of over 100 handpicked emerging artists that are part of the Los Angeles landscape. On top of the art, a bar and restaurant area, live music, theatrical performances, art installations and more are all on the bill.
4. [noon] Head to Downtown L.A.’s Union Station this weekend (Oct. 27-28) for Boo-nation Station featuring a wide variety of seasonal activities including a Zombie Zone Hay Maze, Creepy Craft Camper for arts and crafts, as well as a Monster Mash Dance Party. FREE
5. [noon] There’s a Filipino Angeleno Food Block Party put on by Eat. Play. Move. Enjoy Filipino-Angeleno dishes along with live music, a beer garden, a kids activity area and more.
6. [noon] Dia de los Muertos at Hollywood Forever Cemetery returns for 2018 with a massive affair including dancing, crafts, music and theatrical performances across four stage.
7. [3 p.m.] The Cahuenga Block Party returns with a music lineup including Powerman 5000, Knee High Fox and Brass Knuckle Voodoo and a slew of other performers across two music stages. Indulge in food trucks, a beer garden, vendors, DJ’s, indoor and outdoor bars and more.
8. [6 p.m.]The National Park Service will host the annual Scare-A-Mount Ranch in the Santa Monica Mountains this Saturday. The family-friendly Halloween event will include kids activities like making fake movie blood, a spider zoo and nocturnal animal-themed crafts. Folks are also welcome to hike the backlot woods and a screening of the 1940 classic Dr. Cyclops will also be included. Organizers recommend bringing a flashlight and to dress warmly. FREE
9. [9 p.m.] KCRW Halloween Masquerade is back for another year to celebrate the spooky holiday. The event, will take place at the Los Angeles Theatre this year and will include KCRW DJs and featured performers White Denim, Wajatta, Cherry Glazerr, Shannon Shaw, Santigold, Brothers Griiin, DaM-FunK and Lucent Dossier.
10. [various] L.A.’s Grand Park will host a week-long celebration of Día de los Muertos starting on Saturday, Oct. 27 and running until Sunday, Nov. 4. The event will hold a variety of events with 50+ altars and art installations up in the park the entire time. This Saturday, enjoy the ceremony of Noche de Ofrenda, honoring the dead led by the local indigenous community plus live performances. FREE
DEAL OF THE DAY: $37.50 tix for The Nightmare Before Christmas live with Danny Elfman at The Hollywood Bowl
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.