You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 28, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9:30 a.m.] This Sunday is National Cat Day. LA’s adorable cat cafe Crumbs & Whiskers will team up with PrettyLitter to celebrate by giving people a free 30 minute experience from 9:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Experience is first come first served and comes with complementary coffee.
2. [10 a.m.] Enjoy a celebration of handmade crafts and the artisans behind them at the Contemporary Crafts Market, a three day event (Oct 26-28) happening at the Pasadena Convention Center.
3. [10 a.m.] Stan Lee’s Comic Con (Oct. 26-28) is filled with panels, exhibitors, screenings and much more for geeks of all varieties. Happening at the LA Convention Center.
4. [10 a.m.] Vegan Sunday is a Weekly Vegan Market taking place every Sunday on Bakman Ave. between Chandler Blvd. and Weddington St. in North Hollywood. Expect a wide variety of vendors and food trucks offering only the best in vegan food and drink.
5. [11 a.m.] The Barker Hangar will transform into an art wonderland on Oct. 25-28 when The Other Art Fair returns to Los Angeles. The event, which is put on by online art gallery Saatchi Art will allow guests to peruse through the works of over 100 handpicked emerging artists that are part of the Los Angeles landscape. On top of the art, a bar and restaurant area, live music, theatrical performances, art installations and more are all on the bill.
6. [noon] Head to Downtown L.A.’s Union Station this weekend (Oct. 27-28) for Boo-nation Station featuring a wide variety of seasonal activities including a Zombie Zone Hay Maze, Creepy Craft Camper for arts and crafts, as well as a Monster Mash Dance Party. FREE
7. [noon] There’s a Día de los Muertos Family Day happening at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes this Sunday. The family-oriented day will feature several workshops, ranging from gardening to arts, live performances paying homage to the dead and a special performance of Aztec opera El Circo Anahuac. FREE
8. [noon] Celebrate Halloween weekend with your pup during Angel City Brewery’s Howl-O-Ween. In partnership with Found Animals, guests can enjoy an afternoon of dog and human costume contests, shopping from pet friendly vendors and more. Admission is free.
9. [3 p.m.] Celebrate Day of the Dead at the 7th annual San Pedro Día de los Muertos Festival. Enjoy live music by two-time Grammy- award winning Mariachi Divas, Kotolan, Salt Petal, and more. There’s also a Jose Cuervo Tradicional Tequila Garden, authentic Mexican fare and more.
10. [various] L.A.’s Grand Park will host a week-long celebration of Día de los Muertos starting on Saturday, Oct. 27 and running until Sunday, Nov. 4. The event will hold a variety of events with 50+ altars and art installations up in the park the entire time. This Saturday, enjoy the ceremony of Noche de Ofrenda, honoring the dead led by the local indigenous community plus live performances. FREE
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.