You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Sunday, October 27, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The WestEdge Design Fair is a massive event spanning four days (October 24-27) solely focused on good design. Featuring hundreds of exhibitors, attendees will be able to shop and learn from industry leaders and tastemakers.
2. [11 a.m.] The Fall Brewery ArtWalk is billed as the “world’s largest art complex”, happening over the weekend of October 26-27 the public can view art displays, paintings, performances, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media works and more from over 100 participating resident artists. FREE
3. [noon] Head to Downtown L.A.’s Union Station this weekend (October 26-27) for Boonion Station featuring a wide variety of seasonal family friendly activities. FREE
4. [noon] Celebrate Halloween weekend with your pup during Angel City Brewery’s Howl-O-Ween. Guests can enjoy an afternoon of dog and human costume contests and pet friendly activities. Admission is free.
5. [noon] Dia de los Muertos celebrations will take place at three Forest Lawn locations (Glendale, Cypress, and Covina Hills) this Sunday. Highlights include artisanal floral displays, community altars, folkloric dancers, Mariachi music performances, traditional cuisine, bilingual programs, face painting, arts & crafts, giveaways, and more. The event is free to attend and family-friendly. All events start at noon. FREE
6. [noon] Santa Monica’s Ashland Hill will host a “Spooky Yappy Hour” this Sunday. Bring your dog in costume for an outdoor party with live music, cocktails, pet treats, pet activities, a costume contests and more.
7. [noon] There’s a Día de los Muertos Family Day happening at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes this Sunday. The family-oriented day will feature several workshops, ranging from gardening to arts, live performances paying homage to the dead and a special screening of Coco at sundown. FREE
8. [1 p.m.] The Eagle Rock Bark Halloween Block Party and Kittie and Doggie Rescue Adoption comes to Eagle Rock City Hall on Sunday for the cutest Halloween-themed event, fun activities, free pet swag and more all for a furry cause. FREE
9. [3 p.m.] Celebrate Day of the Dead at the 8th annual San Pedro Día de los Muertos Festival. Enjoy live music, food, culture and more. FREE
10. [3 p.m.] The Los Angeles Astronomical Society is hosting a special Science Night at the Garvey Observatory in Monterey Park. The Planetary Society and the Columbia Memorial Space Center will collaborate with the LAAS to offer a fun evening of activities and displays for children that include face painting, a LEGO station, a Tesla coil, rocket launching, and more. There will even be a kids’ costume parade. FREE
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $35 tix to the LA Haunted Hayride (via Goldstar)