You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Saturday, October 26, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [9 a.m.] Visit Claremont Village for the Village Venture Arts & Crafts Faire and explore 400 booths selling arts, crafts, and more, the event allows you to walk the streets to enjoy plenty of activities and shopping. FREE
2. [9 a.m.] 626 Golden Streets takes place in the San Gabriel Valley where the public are all invited to roam cleared streets where a full day of activities and fun awaits. The route this year will connect the South El Monte Civic Center, the annual Dia de los Muertos festival on Main Street and the Children’s Day Parade in El Monte, plus the ActiveSGV’s home at the Jeff Seymour Center. FREE
3. [10 a.m.] Head down to Huntington Dog Beach to celebrate all things corgi during the fall edition of Corgi Beach Day. 1200+ corgis will be in attendance enjoying corgi activities and contests. You do not need to own a corgi to attend and all dogs are welcomed to come. FREE
4. [10 a.m.] The WestEdge Design Fair is a massive event spanning four days (October 24-27) solely focused on good design. Featuring hundreds of exhibitors, attendees will be able to shop and learn from industry leaders and tastemakers.
5. [11 a.m.] The Fall Brewery ArtWalk is billed as the “world’s largest art complex”, happening over the weekend of October 26-27 the public can view art displays, paintings, performances, ceramics, interior, fashion, multi-media works and more from over 100 participating resident artists. FREE
6. [noon] Head to Downtown L.A.’s Union Station this weekend (October 26-27) for Boonion Station featuring a wide variety of seasonal family friendly activities. FREE
7. [2 p.m.] Zona Rosa Caffe’s 25th Annual Dia de los Muertos celebration put on in partnership with the Pasadena Playhouse, and The Playhouse District Association will offer a plethora of activities and offerings including sugar skull tastings, music, dance, performances, a silent disco and more. FREE
8. [6 p.m.] Come to Heritage Square Museum on October 26-27 for evening True Crime Stories and Ghost Tours. Experience the backstory of some of Los Angeles’ most notorious crimes and witness how detectives of the past solved mysteries in an era before DNA testing and high-tech forensics. On Saturday the museum will also host evening explorations of the families who once lived in the houses at Heritage Square complete with ghost stories.
9. [7 p.m.] Grand Park’s seventh annual Noche de Ofrenda welcomes Angelenos to an evening of honoring the dead with a communal circle, a blessing led by members of indigenous communities, dancers and a musical performance by CAVA. The event will also feature the unveiling of a grand community altar designed by Ofelia Esparza. Angelenos are welcome to contribute offerings to the community altar. FREE
10. [10 p.m.] The 19th annual Los Angeles Halloween Ball, sponsored by Fangoria Magazine and Midsummer Scream is a fully immersive Halloween experience featuring three levels of DJs, dance floors, stage performances, interactive scare areas, a horror puppet theatre, and dancers all at the Globe Theatre
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: $35 tix to the LA Haunted Hayride (via Goldstar)