You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Friday, October 25, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [10 a.m.] The WestEdge Design Fair is a massive event spanning four days (October 24-27) solely focused on good design. Featuring hundreds of exhibitors, attendees will be able to shop and learn from industry leaders and tastemakers.
2. [11 a.m.] FIGat7th will celebrate Day of the Dead with a day of festivities including ace painting, tequila tastings, live DJs and more from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. FREE
3. [5 p.m.] Come to the historic San Gabriel Mission District on Friday for their Fall Fun Festival featuring a costume contest, food trucks, games, trick or treating, free family photos and more. FREE
4. [5 p.m.] South Coast Botanic Garden in the Southbay will screen The Nightmare Before Christmas this Friday. Guests can picnic, play lawn games and participate in the annual Great Pumpkin Hunt at dusk before the movie.
5. [5:30 p.m.] The Roadium Drive-In returns with a Halloween edition screening Beetlejuice in a classic 1950’s drive-in setting.
6. [6 p.m.] Late Night! Stanley Kubrick at The Skirball celebrates their latest exhibition Through a Different Lens: Stanley Kubrick Photographs, with an after-hours event featuring access to the galleries, a DJ, food trucks, and a cash bar. Kubrick’s The Shining will then be screen outdoors starting at 7:30 p.m. Admission is $5.
7. [6:30 p.m.] Carved comes to Descanso Gardens October 23-27 with a thousand professionally-carved pumpkins featuring themes like superheroes, famous movie monsters, and more. Guests can enjoy seasonal snacks, live carving demonstrations, and special surprises at the family-friendly event.
8. [7 p.m.] The Sivley family is back for their 48th year of hosting the award winning, Beware the Dark Realm a haunted house experience in the city of Santa Clarita. The haunt will run every Friday and Saturday thorough the end of the month. FREE (donations welcome)
9. [7:30 p.m.] BlueCollar Working Dog will host a Howloween Pawty featuring snacks and refreshments for humans, goody bags, raffle prizes, a doggy costume contest, a pack walk around Echo Park Lake with a pack of costumed dogs and a piñata filled with dog treats. FREE
10. [various] Creep L.A. presents the fifth installment of HAUS OF CREEP an immersive 75-minute experience that takes guests in a bizarre world where reality and performance art blur in a very dark way. HAUS OF CREEP will run from September 13 through November 3 on all weekends with some weeknights available.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: To celebrate Skyspace hosting One Million visitors, they are offering $1 General Admission tickets and $1 Skyslide rides from 11am-1pm on Friday, November 1st! Kick off a new month with this great offer. $1 General Admission tickets are available at the box office only. $1 Skyslide rides will be available until November 22, 2019.