You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Wednesday, October 3, 2018.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affiliate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [6:30 p.m.] Head to NeueHouse Hollywood for a special night of programming, drinks and networking during Online/Offline. Billed as a “first-of-its-kind” screening, the event will feature a specially curated selection of Webby winning films spanning humor, animation, music, and much more. FREE
2. [7 p.m.] The Garvey Ranch Observatory will host an evening of astronomy with members of the Los Angeles Astronomical Society. Guest will have a chance to go into the dome to view the stars, enjoy a star party on the lawn, and learn how to build their own telescope. The observatory is open to the public on Wednesday nights only. FREE
3. [6:30 p.m.] Be transported half way around the world thanks to Passport to South Africa presented by Time Out Los Angeles and the South African Tourism. Immersed yourself in the sights, sounds and flavors of the region through a pop up jazz lounge, delicacies by Chef Hugo Uys and more. Taking place at the Mayfair Hotel. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. [7:30 p.m.] A massive light installation will cover the Walt Disney Concert Hall as part of the LA Philharmonic’s centennial kickoff celebration. The installation projects images from the past and possibly the future of the concert hall, titled ‘WDCH Dreams.‘ Free to view starting at 7:30 p.m., and running from September 28 through October 6.
5. [8 p.m.] It’s trivia night at Grand Central Market this Wednesday on the Broadway side of the food hall.
6. [8 p.m.] See comedians recreate Hocus Pocus live onstage while drunk at Black Rabbit Rose in Hollywood.
7. [8 p.m.] Idiots Comedy Show is back at The Clubhouse featuring free beer and comedy (donation based) with Johnny Pemberton, Frankie Quinones, Jamie Loftus and more.
8. [various] Take a break from your dietary restrictions at Cheat Day Land, Los Angeles’ newest pop-up museum celebrating the snacks and treats that we dream of during our workouts. Featured installations and experiences ranging from a donut gym with pastry dumbbells to a life-size cereal bowl, an art gallery, and much more. Cheat Day Land is here for an entire month, from October 1-31. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. [various] L.A.’s pop-up museum catalogue is growing larger this fall with The Pizza Experience – a multi-sensory pizza themed walkthrough. Explore giant installations, an oversized cheese pool, a pizza hall of fame, pizza theme-flavored snacks throughout, actual pizza slices and more. The Pizza Experience runs through January 29. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. [various] Beyond Fest, Los Angeles’ strangest, scariest, and largest genre film festival returns Sep. 26 to Oct. 9 with another year of bold programming. Sharing a newfound partnership with Hulu and Shudder, 2018’s program boasts an absolutely massive lineup – the festival’s biggest yet – of fan-favorites, nightmares, and oddities, along with bold premieres.
DEAL OF THE DAY: Use promo code PROST18 to save $10 tickets for Oktoberfest at Santa Anita Park, including horse racing, live music, and a traditional beer hall, all taking place September 29-30 and October 6-7. (via Goldstar)
Want more ideas for upcoming things to do in L.A.? Check out our Los Angeles events calendar.