You know what’s handy? Waking up in the morning, firing up your phone/computer and being able to scan a super quick (but curated) rundown of the best of what lies ahead. So here it is, our list of fun things to do in Los Angeles for today, Monday, November 11, 2019.
May it lead you to adventure!
[IMPORTANT: Want our latest ‘things to do’ rundowns sent straight to your email inbox? Sign-up for our newsletter program]
Keep in mind for some of the ticketing options we utilize affil®iate links and receive a commission if you purchase through our links (affiliates noted in parenthesis).
1. [11 a.m.] 60th Annual Forest Lawn Veterans Day Celebration will host family-friendly activities, a flyover, patriotic music, historic artifact displays, snacks by Dunkin’ Donuts, and more at the Hollywood Hills location. FREE
2. [2 p.m.] Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2019 through January 20, 2020.
3. [7 p.m.] The American Cinematheque and American Legion Hollywood Post 43 will host a special Veterans Day screening of The Right Stuff in the newly refurbished theatre. Director Philip Kaufman will be in attendance. FYI this year marks the 100th anniversary of Veterans Day and the American Legion is rarely open to the public.
4. [7:30 p.m.] Geeks Who Drink stops by Hamburger Mary’s at 7:30 p.m. for a rowdy pub quiz night. No cover is required.
5. [8 p.m.] Whisky a Go-Go Presents Fast Times Ultimate 80s Tribute Every Monday Night starting at 8 p.m. FREE
6. [8 p.m.] Pink’s is celebrating their 80th year in business with eight straight evenings of 80-cent hot dogs starting Friday, Nov. 8. The discounted dogs will be sold at 8 p.m. nightly for 80 minutes, plus each night features a different celebrity guest and proceeds go to charity.
7. [9 p.m.] Ryan Cross and his band bring free, live Jazz to Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills on Mondays at 9 p.m.
8. [9 p.m.] Motown on Mondays LA at the Short Stop in Echo Park. FREE
9. [various] Instagram favorite 29Rooms returns with a new experience dubbed the “Expand Your Reality” tour. The third iteration will take place at the Beverly Venue by HD Buttercup from November 8-17.
10. [various] Restaurant Fest is back at Eataly L.A. November 1-17. Located inside the gorgeous Century City Westfield Mall, the event extends to all three restaurants housed at the Eataly L.A. complex. Diners get to choose two-courses from a set prix-fixe menu priced at $18 or $28 plus $25 bottles of vino.
#SPONSORED DEAL FOR THE DAY: Get $14 tix to Moonlight Forest at L.A. Arboretum (via Goldstar)